Chapter 27

I woke up from hearing the voices around me.
I opened my eyes slightly and tried to find out where I am exactly, but all I could see was darkness and the only light that I was seeing were the candles, three candles to be exact. Two was lit at the opposite direction of my feet and the other one was above me.

"Where am I?" I managed to ask, but I heard no answer besides the chanting that I can't even figure out what they were saying. It's like a whole different language.

I groaned a little for the annoyance that I feel for being ignored, but then I again, I was being drag back to sleep by my body which is convincing me to better ignore what was happening and focus on taking a rest so I could regain my strength back and after that I could go back again with no problem.

And from the moment I closed my eyes and when I opened it once again, the bright sun greeted me at once. And this time, I groaned in dislike as I cover my eyes with my arms and tried to sat up to the ground.

I tried to look around the place where I was, I was on a boulder rock and was under the scorching sun, but I can't remember the place where I was in. I can't even remember dozing out in here.

But I do remember what the pictures was trying to show me at the back of my mind.

The cat.

The burning village.

The dark room with three candles.

I brushed my hair back as I tried to connect things in place to get an answer on how did I get to sleep on the big rock.

I just closed my eyes for like two seconds back there. Then when I opened my eyes, I was already out here sleeping under the sun.

Is that all just a dream?

No. I knew it was real. I could still feel exhausted from everything that had happened. My body was still at sore from the rampaging and was still tired from head to toes.

And my ragged and tattered shirt still gives off the stench of smoke and sweat. And also the hint of blood stains that dried up in my clothes only made my assumption that everything was true got stronger.

I wanted to go back on that town just to confirm it, but I decided not to. I did a quick bath, to wash out all evidences that still clung to me, on the nearby lake. Thinking how long I slept as I was staring at the bright blue sky as my body floats in the water.

I better get going. I still have mission to do. That is to find Itachi and Kisame.
I was completely lost, no idea if I was going forward or going backwards. I stopped for a bit and watched the sun moves for a moment.

My brain doesn't function properly. It couldn't process new information as fast as how a normal brain would work. It's buffering. It could be an effect of over slept.

Just not far from where I was, there was a think grey cloud rising up, staining the blue sky. I have thought that there was a town nearby, and there was a big emergency that needed help.

But my brain shook that worries off my head and tried to look on the bright side. There would be a mass of treasure to hunt.

I immediately quick up my pace, running as if I was chasing for a prize. But instead of thinking how much money I can dig from the burned town, or food that I can still eat even if all was left were charcoals.

Beyond that burning city, there was this weird looking thing standing on the midst of it. But what caught me by interest was this new thing I was seeing.

Thousands of human figures floating in the air, but what's interesting was it's not human.

If my guess was right, those things were puppets. I doubt that the puppets caused the fire. But still, to be able to take down an entire nation with these, it's beyond ordinary.