-Chapter 35

"Yumi, breakfast is ready!" She called from the dining area.

"Coming!" I responded, like how a normal person would be that it just comes naturally.

"Not so fast, young lady."

I stopped to where I was and turned to the direction where a blond lady was staring at me with a thick frown on her face.
I faked coughed then smiled for getting caught on taking the wrong way, "Sorry, but I think," I excused myself.

"The school can wait. Breakfast is the important meal of the day."

Short and not intimidating, it would be rude if I didn't listened to her.

"Sorry," I said to repeat myself on my apology, then I to the dining room and sat on one of the chairs around the dining table.

It wasn't so grandiose, but it was still a hearty meal for a breakfast.

"Thanks for the food."

"It's your first day of school. Don't ruin the very important day in your life by skipping breakfast," says Shizune as she pours milk on a glass.

It was a quiet table, that it wasn't so strange too. But I was on the rush right now, that I almost literally just swallowed everything I put in my mouth. I put my dishes in one place then took my bag and went on my way to school.

"Take your things that I prepared for you," she reminded.

"I already had it on my bag," I answered. "I'm off then," I said before turning my back to get on my way.

"Don't be late to go back home!" she added.

"I will!" I answered.

A lot had happened, and this is all I can say for now.

I'm a very busy person, alright? ヽ(ー_ー )

"Hey, Konohamaru. Did you heard about the announcement that we're going to have a new classmate?"

"So?" I asked back, but I didn't hide that I'm uninterested about the topic. I mean, it was already a talk all over the class about having a new classmate that it had a vibe that it's just a rumour.

"She's supposed to be from the lower grade, you know?" He added.

"Whatever," I replied then leaned back my head on the table.

Like I said, it's probably a rumour. Is transfer students a thing now? I can't see in my imaginations that the Sand village, who's been allies of the leaf, will cross country just to study, if this new student was a fact. Even exchange students, it wasn't a strong evidence to support the said statement of this "new student."

If it is a new enrollee, then it should be on the class where new batch of students who enrolled this year.

But whatever, it's pointless to think about it. I gained nothing from all of that thinking, but just stressing my braincells.

"Class listen up, we had a new classmate to join us," Iruka-sensei said.

I looked down there as he called up the new student, and to prove myself that I am now witnessing a rumour that will turn out to be true.

(ー__ー)

(O__O)

"My name's Yumi Asakura, nice meeting you all," she introduces with a formal bow.

Something was very odd here.

I mean, beyond odd. There is something wrong here.

Why and how? I can't figure out what exactly to ask, but one thing is for sure. I don't think I am just over thinking this.