chapter 2

I turn the key into the front door of my house and walk in. Mum is standing  in the living room with a expression on her face I can't quite read. I raise a eyebrow waiting for her to speak.

"I can smell him on you" she gives me a smirk. She means Luka, I shake my head.

"Its not what you think mom" I look her in the eye.

"Don't lie to your mother Lily" she says in a teasing kind of way.

I wanted to tell her about Luka, about how he just showed up out of nowhere. But I couldn't, she would just instantly just assume that he's my mate and try and fish me into things, how do I know? Its all happened before, I went out with a Guy that used to be our neighboor, he was everything I ever wanted, but I never dreamed of telling him about my secret. He would judge me wouldn't he? It got to the point where he just stopped trusting me because he caught on. He knew I was hiding something. The next thing I knew he was gone, his whole family moved away and you want to know why?

Because my mother interffered, I felt as if shes the reason he was scared away.

"Lily... you can tell me anything you know" I scoff at her words. I go to turn away and rush upstairs to my room to contemplate my life but I'm intterupted once again

"Remember its a full moon tonight, so if you are going out be careful" she gives me a stern look. I nod and make my way upstairs.

I throw myself on my bed and remember i have homework, I let out a big sigh as I open my book, but then I'm greeted by a little surprise, its a bit of paper that says
Here's my number, thought you might want to talk, Luka

And his number scribbled underneath. I smile to myself as I tap the number into my phone.
Hey its Lily text him. He then instantly rings me. I pick up,

"I see you found my number" he says in his usual deep tone of voice.

"Yep" I chuckle, there's a bit of a pause before he speaks again

"So...are you still coming out tonight?" He asks. I think for a bit to try and come up with a answer, I have only just met him...he could be any old wolf, how could I trust him? I mean, what happened to stranger danger?

"Lily you there?" He interrupts my thoughts.

"Um well, yeah I guess. But we will have to be careful" I try to sound serious.

"Pssht don't worry I'll make sure we are careful" he sounds teasing, I roll my eyes.

"See you tonight then" I say

"See ya" and that's when I hang up.

I sit there wondering what I have got myself into...