Chapter 1: The Proposal

It's been a year already since Ara and Patrick are together. It's been a year full of happy memories as their love for each other grows too deeply, that in each day they view themselves as soulmates. For them, no one should break them apart. Patrick is still having his recording studio while Ara is still a radio DJ. There are no changes in their career except that Ara is now getting exposed to outside shows, but they remain as they are as they planning to the next step in life, that is marriage.

Patrick loves her so much that he cannot afford to lose sight of her even just a couple of days. They are not together in the same room but he fetch on her on a daily basis. They spend time together at least in a dinner. But during the weekend, Ara is staying at his condo, doing some household stuff together. Ara cooks him food especially his favorite one, sunny-side up eggs, which as he remembered after they made love for the first time, she served him that kind of breakfast. During the weekend, they spend time together wonderfully, seemingly they are couples - buying groceries, dating elsewhere around the city, doing sports together, and most especially, make love, as he gets addicted to her. To him, Ara is getting glowing as they spend time together, with a satisfaction in her face that he fulfilled his promise to love her happily. 

Today is Saturday, they agreed to finally go to the mountains before Ara will depart to Cebu for a convention. They travelled together going to Sagada. It is a wish come true for both of them to finally feel the beauty of the mountains and feeling the breeze of air from the nature.

It was night time when they have a late-night conversations together, outside the tent, lying in a flat sheet while looking at the stars.

"It's been a year already honey, a year of full of happiness. It is this kind of love I feel satisfaction, and that is because of you. Thank you for not getting surrender of loving me a year ago. I never regret that I choose to love again and that is because of you."

"I promise I will stay forever with you and will make you happier. Someday, we will get married, have kids whom we could spend love even more and that we are still together as we get older, facing together all the challenges that we are going to face. I know marriage life is not easy but I want to spend with you for the rest of our lives. I will look forward for that destiny."

"And eternity honey. I love you!"

"I love you too honey!"

Patrick leans his body sideward and have Ara rested on his shoulder while looking at the stars. Then they went inside the tent and go to sleep.

It was near sunrise, Patrick wakes her up as he see the view of the mountains. Ara finds it fascinating as they move forward to see clearly the mountains and the nature. When they reached near the edge of the cliff, Patrick carried something from his pocket. It was a box. He opened it, hold Ara's hand and finally said.

"Ara, my honey, it's been a year full of love. Now, in front of the mountains, I would like to say that I am ready to the next chapter of my life, with you. Will you marry me?"

Ara cannot believe this is happening now, that a guy in front of her finally proposes to her even they only have a year of relationship. Especially that he made it special for her as he asked in the place where she want this to happen. To her, he never failed to fulfill his promise. She have her teary eyes as she is desperately to marry a man that she loves. And now here he is, asking for an answer.

"Yes, honey! I do! I do! I do marry you!"

Patrick wears her a ring, showing that they are now engaged. Then he hugged her so tightly which she responded with a kiss.

"I love you honey! I love you for eternity!"

"I love you too honey! This is the happiest moment in my life, to finally have you say 'yes' to me!" Patrick responded, with a teary eyes.

As they arrived home, they rested for a while, take their dinner. Patrick will miss her so badly that he wanted to make love again before she will depart to Cebu on the next day.

He entice her to make love, which she responded with seduction. Then they do with much satisfaction as they enjoy themselves the night of intimate moment, that they finally are engaged.

The next day, Ara departs to Cebu. Patrick send her to the airport before he go to his work.

The next days are getting busier for both of them but they never missed to keep in touch at night despite of long distance.