Chapter 8: Sweet Revenge

It was another week ahead as Patrick is on duty with his co-employees. He said to them that he was not able to catch-up with the CEO although the secretary said to him she will call once her boss is available. The effective date of their duty is about to end as they were only given 2 weeks to prepare themselves before they will soon leave their job.

They talk together with their immediate supervisor and strategizes on what to do to convince the CEO to let them stay. They already know beforehand that Patrick is the CEO's ex and they come up with the idea that only make amends with the CEO is the only way for Patrick to let them stay.

Patrick recalled the calling card that Ara gave to him. He get it from his wallet. It says the name of Arabelle, Home Contact Number and her Residence Address. He realized that the calling card says it all.  Perhaps he can catch her there tonight and promise himself that he will do his best to talk to her.

Then he said to his boss and co-employees. "I am pretty sure that I can talk to her tonight. I have her calling card stating her address."

Then they find hope in their faces as Patrick will finally talk to his ex, the CEO.

Then he warned them at the same time "But if the negotiation turns out not right, then I will offer myself to resign and have you stay."

His colleagues did not agree that he will resign and instead, they will pray that the CEO will have mercy on them.

It was already late at evening, his estimated time when Ara is at home, that he finally arrives at Ara's house.

Ara's house is located at the high-class subdivision, a three - storey house in modern style, covered with tall walls and gate.

Patrick parks his car outside the gate, then he went out to talk to the security guard located at a kiosk at the right side of the gate.

The security guard calls his attention and said "Sir, what are you doing here in this late evening?"

Patrick answered him politely and have the calling card shown to the security guard. "Arabelle give this to me and asked me to apply for a job."

The security guard gets surprised that he is a good-looking guy applying as a caretaker. Then the security guard then said "Sir, are you applying as a caretaker? Ma'am Ara gives that calling card only to those applying for a job as utility personnel at her residence." Then the security guard wears a bit smile towards him, seemingly saying to him he is ridiculous.

Patrick gets embarrased by what the security guard said. He disagrees on him and said "No. I am an employee of Aragon Group of Companies and I am here to talk to her an issue affecting us. Could you please help me?"

The security guard responded "Sir, I supposed you should go to the office instead, not at this late night hours. Ok, I will clarify it since Ma'am Ara give it to you. Please wait for a moment."

Then the Mayordoma appeared in front of the security guard and ask him what is his concern. The security guard then asked the Mayordoma to call Ma'am Ara.

"Madam Ara, may naghahanap sa 'yo. Employee daw sya. Patrick ang pangalan. Sabi nya binigyan mo daw sya ng calling card. Akala namin mag-aapply sya bilang caretaker."

Ara, who is over the line, said "Ex ko yan, papapasukin nyo dito, doon sa may pool." Then she dropped the phone.

The Mayordoma, who laughs aloud, said to the security guard while having her glance towards Patrick "Sabi ni Ma'am, ex nya yan. Nakakatawa talaga eto si Ma'am, papaapplyayin nya bilang caretaker. Hahaha."