Chapter 9: Returning Back

"Ui Leila, anong ginagawa mo jan, bakit ka umiiyak? Nakikinig ka kina Maam noh?" The security guard noticed that the Mayordoma is having an eavesdrops towards Ara and Patrick.

"Kawawa naman si Sir, umiyak ng todo, tapos si Ma'am naman ay pakipot. Ayaw tangapin si Sir sa buhay nya. Umalis tuloy si Sir. Para akong nanonood ng teleserye. Malateleserye pala ang love story nila." The Mayordoma said, emotionally.

The security guard pulls her out to hide themselves as Ara walk towards the living room inside the house, in front of the swimming pool. Then they saw their Madam went upstairs to her bedroom in tears.

The next day, Patrick went to the office, when he was asked by his colleagues how was the negotiation with the CEO. He said nothing but he started to pack his things. Their immediate supervisor then received an e-mail letter stating that only Patrick have to go out from the company. He went towards Patrick and informed him of the letter he received.

"Am sorry Patrick, you have to do this for us. But thank you."

Patrick then politely smiled and nod towards him and said "I guess the CEO made a fair decision to all of us. Anyway, thank you so much Sir for the years of having working relationship with all of us here. This is now my last day of duty. I guess I deserve a small celebration will all of us here."

With teary eyes, his boss said "Yes, you deserve a farewell celebration Patrick. I will pay for the treat." Then he tapped Patrick's shoulder and announced to everyone that they will have a farewell celebration for Patrick.

The employees get sad of Patrick leaving them. Each of them hugs Patrick to finally say goodbye to him.

While some of them prepare the food, Patrick resumes packing his things and started to turnover to his boss.

Minutes later, one of the employees noticed people outside the office are yelling as they saw a girl wearing white fitted shirt inserted in a fitted light gray jeans and high-heeled boots having a graceful walk at the aisle with 2 bodyguards bringing boxes of cakes, going towards their office. The employee reckoned it was the CEO, then she informed everyone inside the office that the CEO is coming here.

They all fix themselves and their table, except for Patrick, who still pack his things, seemingly he did not hear those noise outside.

Then the CEO is coming inside the office, wearing her sweet smile, as she headed herself towards Patrick's boss. Patrick's boss have his eyes dilated, as he finds her beautiful.

"Hi! Good morning Mr. Salvador. Arabelle Montecillo. Nice to meet you!" Ara offered a handshake towards Mr. Salvador, which with much pleasure, he accepted with a handshake.

"Mr. Salvador, I am here to personally inform you that Patrick have to stay in this office. I am very sorry for what I did and I realize how important is he being here with you. I saw his dedication all these years, even when we're together, to set up and maintain it. Also, I am here to have a lecture on all of you guys, to personally inform you on how we could improve this, I mean my plan for here."

Patrick, who is still packing his things, was called by his boss to face Ms. Arabelle.

Patrick is getting awkward with the situation right now, have his deep breath, then face Ara with a smile. "Thank you Ma'am. Thank you for letting me stay here. It's our pleasure and honor to have you here in person to discuss about plans."

Ara then leans Patrick and hugs him tightly and said "Am sorry Patrick."

Patrick have his teary eye which he holds it to stop from falling.

Ara then interrupted "I have some presents for you all." Her bodyguard give the cakes towards the employees.

Then Ara proceeded to discuss with the plan, a plan that she will hire a consultant for them and will train them as well and to upgrade the business.

After the discussion, they eat together and have some talk under the sun. At the pantry, Ara seated next to Patrick. The employees are telling that they still find hope they will still be together again, which Ara and Patrick look at each other and smiled, seemingly telling each other they will rebuild at least, a friendship between them.

After spending time with them, Ara invited Patrick for lunch date, only the two of them.

They went to their favorite restaurant before. Patrick gets amazed on how Ara, after all the things that had happened to them last night, can still handle to talk to him.

"Patrick, this is my way of saying sorry to you. Am really sorry for the selfishness I have towards you. Last night, I realize that I should have set aside emotions from work and that our past relationship would not affect the career we have right now. Also, being friends with you makes me realize I can easily move on then. I cannot afford to loose sight of you. Seeing you and knowing deep within me that you are ok makes me feel fine too. It can easy burdens from my heart. I wish you would like it too. Can we be friends Patrick?"

Patrick gets overwhelmed by what she said. She really impressed him that she maintains her good attitude despite of all the pain he have caused her. He wished they could be together but he realized perhaps she need some time to finally say yes to him. For now, he has to grab the moment of she can offer to him right now. Then he responded "Yes, friends."

Ara offered her handshake towards Patrick which Patrick responded with a handshake. Then he gazes at her with his naughty eyes then he kissed her hand softly. Ara then interrupted him with a childish tap on his shoulder.

Ara then laughingly said "Friends never do that Patrick. Please stop having gazes on me." Then she throws her sweetest smile towards him and they both laugh together.

They both talk about things under the sun - not about their past or their present life, but about music, news, recent events, social media updates. Patrick realizes Ara is getting involved in social media lately though she did not frequently post, but rather, writing blog and article about business, music, current events. Patrick is getting overwhelmed on how Ara is improving in terms of all aspect of information. They really have a good conversations since they never be friends for a long time before they were together in the past.

Then Ara opened up about Lance and she asked him if he is ready to talk to him again, as she is welcome to find way to rebuild their friendship together. Patrick, recalling the time Lance told him his bestfriend took chances on his ex, said that she is his inspiration of having a reconciliation with his bestfriend.

After the moment of lunch together, they never keep in touch for 2 weeks as they are getting more busy with their career. Patrick and the rest of the team are having a training while Ara is getting busy about business and as tv personality.