Chapter 12: Feel at Home, in his Arms

Days later, while at her office, somebody called Ara.

"Hi Ara, it's me, Pepe. I hope you still remember your former boss."

"Hi Sir Pepe. Sorry I was not able to have some talk with you the last time I arrived there."

"You really did not change Ara. The warm voice is still there despite you soar up high."

"Thank you Sir Pepe. How can I forget you, you are my mentor and my second father for years. What can I do for you Sir Pepe?"

"Ara, I am hesitant to say this to you. You are pretty well busy right now, you have various shows and being at your company, but can I still ask you a favor?"

"Sure Sir Pepe, I can fix my schedule for you. What is that in particular?"

"Ara, can I invite you as our guest again? But this time, you will be a guest DJ."

The flashbacks are coming inside Ara's mind when she heard the word "DJ" from her former boss.

The time she was a DJ and an avid fan named Patrick was constantly listening to her radio show. The time they have been friends on air. The time he confessed his feelings to her on air. The time they finally meet for the first time as a fan-DJ moment, then she recalled that moment they realized it was not their first time seeing each other, that they already have love-making before knowing each other's names.

"Ara, I know it brings you to your past again. But I guess you already moved on from it. My piece of advice from you Ara: sometimes, facing them brings you the kind of relief that ease the burdens inside. I guess having this experience again will finally makes you realize that you still have the best moments in your life."

With a sigh of relief, Ara then said "Yes, you're right Sir Pepe. I guess I have to let go of that past and will start to forgive him by facing it again. I will, I will be a DJ again, even just one night. Thank you Sir Pepe for inviting me."

"I should be the one to say Thank You Ara. By the way, we will have it as a surprise, unannounced, is it alright with you? I guess you are more comfortable with it."

"Yes Sir Pepe, you still know me after all. Thank you."

"Ok Ara, I am pretty sure your listeners will be happy of it. Thank you."

Ara then invited Sir Pepe for a lunch.

Surprisingly, Ara asked Patrick to go with her to meet someone. She did not let Patrick know that she will drop by Sir Pepe at Heart's Radio. Ara drives the car this time.

When they arrived, the employees get surprised of seeing them together for the first time as they walked inside at the entrance door. Ara then approached her former colleagues. Before they will say anything, Ara finally introduced Patrick to them, though they already know Patrick beforehand.

"Guys, this is Patrick, my new Manager."

"Manager? " Her former colleagues get surprised introducing Patrick as a Manager instead of her boyfriend, after what she have been through of their breakup.

"I thought you are together again. Am still kilig seeing you both. For me, bagay pa rin kayo. The chemistry is still there, in a different way this time. Sana kayo ulit Ara."