5-

Chance grinned at Emmy's puckered lips. "I don't mind if she rides with me. We'll be careful." He puckered his own lips waiting for Erin's decision.

"Ugh you aren't going to be a good influence on her are you? Just this once Emmy." Erin said.

"Not at all," Chance gave mischievous smile.

He climbed onto the ATV and then picked Emmy Lou up setting her in front of him. He cranked up the ATV and put his hands on the back and let Emmy Lou steer while he pushed the gas.

"Damnit Chance hold onto her." Erin yelled in his direction. He liked the way his name sounded coming from her mouth. She was his father's wife but he couldn't help but flirt and push her buttons. Chance leaned forward taking the handlebars over and gaining speed. He bobbed and weaved over the rolling hills in the valley as they made their way back to the house.

—-

Chance and the boys were already changed and at the pool with Emmy when Erin came out. Chance looked up when the sliding glass door opened. Erin's long tan legs extended out from under her white coverup. She walked over to her chair and tossed down a towel. Chance tried to look away but he couldn't. Bryson and Colt were at the other end of the pool trying to coax Emmy into jumping off the diving board.

Erin looked up and saw Chance's eyes on her. She looked away but not before he saw the redness in her cheeks. The coverup slid off her shoulders revealing and olive colored bikini. It was simple yet showed off all of Erin's assets. She turned letting him take her in completely. The fabric pulled tightly on her breasts. Her stomach was flat and smooth but Chance could see her muscles. Her skin was tan and he let his eyes travel further down her body. God she was gorgeous.

Chance felt his swim trunks tighten and he finally brought himself out of his daze. He fell backwards into the water. When he came up for air Erin was diving into the water from the side. What was his problem? She was his father's wife! Get it together Chance he said to himself.

The rest of the afternoon was spent splashing around in the pool. Emmy Lou had been glued to his side and he tried to keep his eyes off of Erin. She wasn't like most of the girls he had been around. Other girls would spend their time lazily relaxing or tanning, never doing cannonballs off the diving board and heaven forbid their hair get wet. Erin was fun though.

"Let's play chicken!" Bryson said with Colt chiming in "Rock paper scissors for teams or we could let Emmy pick."

"I want to pick, I want to pick, I want to pick." Emmy chanted.

"I don't know if I want to play Emmy." Erin told her her.

"Mommy please!" Emmy returned.

"Come on, It'll be fun. I mean worst case scenario you and your partner get your asses beat." Chance joked bowing up at Erin.

She laughed and put her hand up at him. Her hand was pressed firmly in the center of his chest and they both smiled. "Fine!" Erin finally caved.

"Nice moves playboy," Colt whispered to Chance who in returned elbowed him in the stomach.

"Hmmm I choose mommy's partner to be... eeny, meeny, miny, moe!" Her finger landed on Bryson but she quickly moved it to the opposite end of the line where Chance was. "Chance!"

Chance turned to Erin and put his hands on her shoulders and turned her back to him. "Alright down you go," he said applying pressure on her shoulders.

"What?! She asked turning around quickly to face him?" Chance was smiling and Erin returned it when she realized he was joking. He turned his back towards her and sunk down in the water. She hesitated and then felt her hands on his shoulders as she lifted herself up on them. He took a deep breath trying to keep his mind off the smooth tan legs wrapped around his neck.

Colt was on Bryson's shoulders and they charged forward towards Chance and Erin. Erin locked arms with Colt as he and Bryson started kicking at each others legs and shoving each other. Emmy Lou was squealing in excitement and cheering on Chance and Erin.

"What the hell is going on here?" Chance heard his father say.