19-

They laid together catching their breath until Chance spoke. "So that's what you came back for huh?"

Erin punched his arm. "No cocky asshole. I came back because I missed you. Because I still love you. I wasn't ready then. I had to find myself without depending on a guy and now I have. Now I'm ready. The only problem is it takes two to tango and I don't know if my partner is ready for this dance."

"Ive been waiting for you for six months Erin. I love you. I've always been ready."

She climbed on top of him. "You still love me?"

"Well maybe. All the talks we had and I still don't know how old you are."

She sat up straight, "Does it make a difference?!"

"I mean yeah of course. A cocky asshole like myself can't be banging someone on her way to the old folks home." He joked.

"God I hate you!" She said hitting him in the chest.

"I love you too." Chance's smiled leaning up on his arms to kiss Erin.

--

6 years later

"Colt man grab me a beer while you're in there." Colt ran inside and came back just as quickly with three beers. He handed one to Chance who was manning the grill and the other to Bryson who was holding Ryan.

"Chance don't burn my chicken this time okay" Emmy said.

"You know you were so much cuter when you thought I was the greatest thing on the planet Emmy Lou."

"I told you no more Emmy Lou. I'm almost a teenager!" Emmy said before turning on her heels and heading for the table. Chance pulled the chicken off the grill and put it into the pan. He whistled loudly, "Lets eat!"

Erin came out of the house carrying pitchers of lemonade and tea as they all gathered around the table. Colt and his girlfriend Emily sat down next to Bryson and his wife Ashley, then their son Brent, and Emmy Lou, between Ashley and Erin. Chance sat the pan in the center of the table.

"Alright babygirl come to daddy. Uncle Bryson's got to eat." Chance said grabbing the two year old Ryan from Bryson and then taking his seat next to Erin.

After Erin had shown up on the dock that day they had been inseparable. Chance made quick work of renovating a bedroom for Emmy and with a few months they had moved in and started a whole new life together. They finished remodeling the house. The third bedroom was turned into an office until Erin came home from work one day and told him the news that she was pregnant. They had married two years before.

Chance hadn't spoken to his dad since the day he left the ranch. After the first year he had reached out to Erin in hopes of spending time with Emmy but after the one weekend together Emmy wanted to come home and had no desire to go back. His father had hired all new staff and had built the barn and bought the helicopter he wanted. He renovated the house adding on an extra story. He spent the weekend in meetings and only saw Emmy when she first arrived and when she left. Even Joe had moved on to work for the neighboring rancher Mr. Henderson.

"Babe," Erin's voice interrupted his thoughts. "You okay?" Erin moved her hand to his thigh.

Chance covered hers with his own and leaned over and planted a kiss on her lips. "Everything's perfect." He smiled.