7-

Their horses galloped side by side through the valley. Chance tried to keep his eyes on their surroundings but he couldn't keep them off Erin. She looked at him and blushed.

"Follow me, I want to show you something." Chance said as he peeled off to the left. She followed as he crossed into the tree line. They slowed as they walked deeper into the trees.

"You aren't taking me out here to kill me are you?" Erin questioned.

"Now if I was why would I tell you first?" Chance returned. Erin could hear the water flowing in the distance. A river ran through the property but she had never been to this area before. They reached the wooden fence that surrounded the ranch on all sides. Chance stopped next to the fence and dismounted. He tied Cherry's reigns to the fence and then took the reigns from Erin. He tied Honey to a nearby post and held his hand out to her.

Erin just looked at it. After a few moments a smile touched Chance's face and Erin took his hand allowing him to help her down. He released her hand and walked to the fence climbing and then straddling the top. "Well you coming or what?" he asked.

"That's not our property. The Hendersons aren't exactly fond of Chris." Erin argued.

"Don't worry they don't come out here. To reach this area they have to go three times as far through the woods as we do." He paused and held his hand out again, "trust me."

Erin couldn't resist. She took his hand and let him lift her over the fence. When they reached the other side her hands were still on his shoulders and his on her sides. Their eyes met and held but Chance released her.

"So Mrs. Clermont. How'd a girl like you get stuck with a great man like my dad?"

"Please don't call me that. And he was nice. He asked me on a date and I had just gotten out of a crappy relationship so I accepted. One thing led to another and then we were married and Emmy came along. He takes care of us."

"That's it? He was nice and takes care of you?"

"What do you mean is that it?"

"I guess I always thought..I don't know it's lame for a guy to say."

"I don't think you could possibly say anything lame." Erin let the words out before she could stop them but Chance didn't turn around and just kept walking. The sounds of water were getting closer.

"I always had this idea of relationships and marriage like they were supposed to be free, exciting, adventurous. Always figured you were meant to be with someone who lit a fire in you. See lame." Chance said as he came to a stop.

Erin's eyes never left him. He turned to face her and she nearly whispered, "I don't think that's lame at all."

"Well it helps if shes hot, smokin' hot," He added cutting some of the tension between them. Erin shoved his shoulder and he laughed and turned back towards the water in front of them. "So this is it. I randomly found it one day when dad and I were fighting. I ran off thinking if I could make it to the edge of the property I could just bail. Instead I got this far and found the spring."

The water was icy blue and flowed into a creek that poured into the river. "This is incredible! How have you kept this place a secret?"

"I never told anyone about it and I only ever came alone." Chance answered. He looked back at her and then pulled his shirt over his head leaving his torso bare. "So tell anyone and I'll have to kill you."

"What're you doing?" She asked as he pulled his jeans down his legs leaving him in only his black briefs. She stopped her eyes from traveling down.

"I don't want to get my clothes wet. Did you just think I brought you out here to show you some pretty water and go back? No way."

Chance walked across the rocks to the edge and dove in. Erin looked back in the direction they had come. Oh what the hell she thought and lifted her shirt over her head. She dropped her shorts and followed the path Chance had taken. He popped his head up and looked at her like he had two weeks ago in the pool. She became self conscious of her cheeky panties and matching black bra. Her breath caught and she jumped in splashing him.

This was dangerous but she threw caution to the wind and let herself go. She and Chance made small talk and laughed and joked. He teased her and she flirted back knowing she shouldn't. Chance got out on the opposite side of the spring and pulled an old rope down from a tree. He pulled it down to see if it could bear his weight and then walked backgrounds and then ran with the rope flipping into the spring.

Erin took her turn. She didn't flip but he she jumped in several times. She felt so free. It was getting late in the afternoon so they both got out and perched on rocks to dry off.

"Your turn stud. Why'd you leave?" Erin asked sincerely.