I

NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

Carrie never promised anyone that she had a lick of common sense

Carrie never promised anyone that she had a lick of common sense. It wasn't her M.O. If she, and anyone else who knew her, were being honest they'd say that she was an idiot at least 60% of the time, no more than 45% on a good day. And on the day Lydia Martin goes missing from the hospital, Carrie goes to new heights of idiocy when she follows Derek Hale out of the building.

She was cursing herself as she trailed behind the man in the woods. Carrie wasn't sure where she was going, but she sure as hell was regretting it. Who am I, a horror movie character? She thought with a small snort before realizing how much that lined up. She was following a strange man into the woods. She did believe him when he told her he was a werewolf. She could also definitely die in the next moments.

The weird thing he did with his face and his eyes can't possibly be real. She scoffed lightly and rolled her eyes. Of course, it's real. Her scoff was minimal, but Derek had heard it. "Wolf hearing?" she reasoned with a nod to the man who was slightly less friendly than he was at the hospital. Derek just simply nodded back and gruffly trudged on.

"Um, excuse me, Mr. Hale-Derek- yes..." He slowly stopped and turned to her. The man felt some sort of regret pooling in his stomach as he looked at what could be the second addition of his betas consisting of her brother. "Where are we going?" Carrie huffed out feeling her lungs burn slightly as she tried to keep up with him. He knew this of course because as Carrie had said earlier he did have an acute sense of hearing. 

"My old house." He continued without a spare thought of the girl who followed behind him like nothing more than a lost puppy. Carrie knew of it. She had been little when the Hale house stood in its glory and had just moved to Beacon Hills when it burned down. That was her adoption day. "It's close."

Thank God for that, Carrie thought as a small sneer crossed her face. Her legs also happened to be burning with the same fervor as her lungs.

When they finally arrived at the charred house and entered through the threshold Carrie was surprised by how well the structure stood on its own. She marveled at the charcoal remains and ruins. Derek felt an ounce of pride sprout in his core (and an ounce is being optimistic, it was no more than a gram) as he crossed his arms looking over at the girl deciding that even if she was timider than her jack ass brother she would be a better candidate for the bite. "It's beautiful," she whispered out, imagining how grand it must've been before the fire. 

Stupid Kate Argent being a serial killer.

Derek didn't move a muscle as he let Carrie's eyes explore his childhood home. When she had realized that he was waiting she padded over to him silently. Derek appreciated the obedience of his soon to be beta. Allegiance was paved with favors and hers would grant her superiority. The two were within a foot of each other when Derek took her glasses off.