XI

THE RING

Carrie had arrived at Mr

Carrie had arrived at Mr. Harris's room for her usual detention to see a note taped to the door.

DETENTION WILL BE HELD IN THE LIBRARY TODAY 3:00 SHARP

The girl sighed, swiveling on her feet and catching sight of  Erica, Stiles, Scott, Allison, Jackson, and even the new addition of Matt walking to the library. Carrie quirked a curious brow at them before rushing after her brother who was neck and neck with Matt. She wondered why Isaac and Boyd weren't there.

"Hey, are you going to detention too?" She asked her brother curiously. Jackson looked at her with pure annoyance and gritted his teeth.

"No, I'm going to the library for shits and giggles, Caroline," Jackson snapped causing Carrie to raise her hands in surrender.

Gone

Missing

Crying

Blood

Jackson's thoughts were always on display. "Jeez, I'm sorry," she mumbled out, her eyes trained on her brother. Jackson stopped and looked her up and down before scoffing.

"Try not to dress in the dark next time." He sneered and stomped off. Carrie's jaw dropped and she looked down at her clothes before up to Jackson and rolled her eyes. Allison, who had seen the whole ordeal, winced. 

They entered the library in an ordered single file line. Carrie looked around at the mismatched group. Erica sitting with Scott and Stiles while Allison, Matt, and Jackson all sat together. Carrie who looked around trying to find an adequate seat caught Matt's bright smile as he waved her down. Jackson's calloused hand found her wrist and he pulled her down in the seat next to him.

"We can't be in detention together," Jackson mentioned to Mr. Harris who usually put Jackson on a pedestal. "I have a restraining order against these tools." He pointed lightly to Scott and Stiles. The former looked offended and Carrie could barely hear a growl.

Harris raised a challenging eyebrow as he looked around at the students, "All these tools?" Jackson opened his mouth affronted and ready to correct him when Stiles rose his head from the table.

"No," Stiles corrected with an exhausted sigh and pointed to himself and his friend, "just us tools."

Harris at this point was expecting it to the troublemaking duo and gave an exasperated sigh, "Fine. You two," he pointed to the desk furthest away from where Jackson had decided to sit, "over there."

Jackson balled his fist and glared over at Scott. Carrie could have imagined he had been trying to get out of detention and shook her head lightly. Jackson then snapped to her and grabbed her wrist abruptly.

"We need to talk, freak," Jackson didn't bother to lower his tone causing the group of teens to look at the spectacle the two siblings were making.