Chapter 2

"Where am I?" A pale man stated. He wore white robes all over. He was laying on the ground. He managed to sit up and tried to open his eyes. Although, he was just seeing darkness. With trembling hands, he touched his eyes. It was covered in with a piece of cloth. Oh, he forgot that he was blind.

"W-where am I? Is someone here? Please answer!"

That blind, pale man was Xiao Xingchen. He started to throw his hands everywhere, trying to find Shuanghua.

After touching here and there, he realized that he was placed in the middle of an array. He found some talisman scattered around. He grabbed one talisman and tried to feel it with his hand. He touched the floor also.

"I know this place...This smell is familiar." After being blind for so many years, Xingchen was able to use his other senses precisely. "Am....am I still in Yi City?"

Suddenly, he heard a gasp coming from distance. Xingchen immediately got up and tried to shield himself. Although, his feet felt so numb and loose.

"Who is there? Answer!"

The other person was just mumbling weird words. Nothing was recognizable. The voice suddenly stopped mumbling and was slowly coming near Xingchen.

With fear, Xingchen wanted to step back. But, within a moment, that person jumped on Xingchen out of nowhere, hugging him tightly.

"Let me go....I said, let go!..." Xingchen started to touch that unknown person's whole body, trying to detach. He found a sword bounded behind that person's back.

That person pulled away and unsheathed his sword. Xingchen was ready to get hit but nothing came from the other side.

Xingchen stepped ahead and felt that sword with his hands. He immediately knew who this was.

"Zichen? Is that you?..." Xingchen's hands were shivering now. He raised his hand up and touched that person's face. Blood started to fall down from his eyes, tinting the white cloth red.

He just remembered, how Xue Yang made him kill his friend by his own hands. Poor Song Lan, he couldn't even speak because his tongue got cut off aswell.

"Yes, Xingchen. It's me. Your Zichen." Xingchen was surprised. This voice was definitely Zichen's. But, it wasn't coming from his mouth. Xingchen was hearing those words in his own head.

"Zichen..." Xingchen was so emotional. He hugged Song Lan tightly.

"How is this possible?" Xingchen detached and spoke out.

"It's because of Wei Wuxian...He helped me a lot. Finally, I got you back, my friend." Song lan's voice was echoing through his mind.

"B-but...It's nearly impossible to revive a scattered soul back. I-its impossible... " Xingchen felt Song Lan's hands on his face.

Song Lan was standing there with a smile on his face. Only because of that piece of cloth was covering his eyes, Xingchen couldn't see it.

"Z-zichen...Did you-"

"After your death, I roamed around cities and numerous clans. Tried to find mysterious cases and also tried my best to solve them. One day, I found a booklet which explained how to revive a soul which is no longer willing to live.

I couldn't do it alone. That's why, I went to Wei Wuxian. Everyone around the cities were talking about his crafty tricks. I knew that, he could help me." Song Lan still held a heartwarming smile.

"W-why? I didn't want to comeback in earth again...How am I supposed to live this life Zichen? I killed so many innocent people without my knowing. I hurted you. For my foolishness...I messed up everything. I don't want to live. Please take my life..."

Xingchen collapsed on the floor. He screamed out. The piece of cloth which covered his eyes, was becoming more red with sputters of blood.

"At least, you are alive Zichen. But, what about those villagers? I can't take this pain..."

Song lan stumbled but managed to kneel down in front Xingchen.

"It's been 1 year.... Do you even know how much I suffered? A pure soul like you...Heck I would have killed myself if I committed those crimes. But, was it really your fault, Xingchen? It was Xue Yang's filthy task. He hated you and wanted you to feel like that! You gave up on your life, just to let him win?

There were no chance to bring you back. But, Wei gongji was kind enough to help me out. Not for me...but, for A-Qing's soul...please stay with us Xingchen..." Song Lan's voice echoed.

"What do you mean...where is A-Qing?....Zichen...answer me!"

"Xue Yang killed her aswell." Song Lan said with a heavy voice.

"W-what? That poor girl got killed too? A-Qing.....what she did, huh? How ruthless can a person b-be?" More blood came out as it started to stain his cheek aswell. His pale skin was turning blue. All the pain he experienced was waving inside his head.

"Don't worry, Xingchen. Wei gongzi and I revived her body back. But, her soul....it's missing." Song Lan expressed with a sad yet worried voice.

"Missing? Why? You brought my soul back even though I lost all hopes to comeback. But, you couldn't revive her soul? Isn't there a way to do that?" Xingchen asked with a hopeful voice.

"We tried our best to recall it. Seems like someone stole-....It's complicated to explain now...You should have a rest first. I will tell you everything later. And, don't stress out. I am trying my best to get her soul back."

"Where is her body?" Xingchen asked with a hurt expression.

"It's stored in another room. Do you want to visit her?"

Xingchen nodded his head. Song Lan leaded the path, holding Xingchen's hand to support him. After all, he just regained his body. That's why, he was feeling kinda weak.

They entered a dark room. Everything was dim. Although, it didn't matter for Xingchen since he was blind. Song Lan fished out a fire talisman and used it to light up the room.

The room wasn't so big. There was just a plain mat on the floor and a table was beside it. Also, some random things were placed. On top of that mat, A-Qing's lifeless body was kept. An array surrounded her body. Also, a bunch of talisman were hanging around her body as well.

Xingchen went near her body and knelt down beside her. His trembling hand went forward and touched her face. It was so cold. "A-Qing....I told you to run away from him..."

Suddenly, his head started to hurt. The darkness he always saw, started to get blurry and colourful. He started to imagine stuff. He felt like, he could see again.

A black figure started to form out of nowhere. That figure was getting clear yet Xingchen couldn't focus on it's face.

That figure slowly walked and sat beside A-Qing's body. Xingchen looked down and saw that her body wasn't even looking like herself. It looked like his own dead body.

It looked so pale and lifeless. There was a deep cut on the left side of his neck.

That black figure came came closer to that dead body's face. There were only a few inches left between their faces.

"Xiao Xingchen...If you don't get up, I'll make your dear friend Song Lan murder people for me! I'll kill everyone in the Yi City and make them living corpses. I'll strangle that little blind A-Qing and leave her corpse in the wild for dogs to gobble her up.

Daozhang....Wake up."