Chapter 11

"W-what? Did you heard him right, mister?"

"Yes master Xingchen!"

Xingchen tremebled and was about to fall backwards. But, Yubin was quick enough to see it. He caught him with a swift motion.

"Daozhang? Are you okay?" Yubin said as helped Xingchen to stand properly.

"I-i have to leave right now. I am not feeling good."

"But, the party is still going on. You can't just leave like that" Yubin said, still firmly holding onto Xingchen's shoulder.

"Zichen can take care of them. I h-have to go..." Xingchen got out of Yubin's grasp and tried to walk.

"Guys, we will make sure that you all are safe from that guy.

Ahh Daozhang. I will help you. You look so tired." Yubin quickly grabbed Xingchen again as they walked out of the place.

After a lot of limping and falling down, they finally reached coffin home.

"Daozhang, you didn't inform Master Song that you came back. He will get worried about you!"

"He will comeback eventually after the party ends. You don't have to worry about that." Xingchen went near a coffin and turned to Yubin.

"Daozhang, do you need anything? Food or something else? I can help you-"

"It's ok, A-Yubin. I just need some rest." Xingchen said as he carefully went inside the coffin.

"Then, I-i should leave now. See you tomorrow, Dao-"

"Don't go!" Xingchen immediately spoke as Yubin stopped walking.

"What? I have to sleep, Daozhang!"

"You can stay here with us from now on. You don't have to live in the forest area. I don't think it's safe out there now."

"Umm...ok? But, Daozhang! My stuff is there. I can stay here from tomorrow. Let me bring my clothes and accessories here first."

"No! Just sleep here tonight. You can bring your stuff when it's morning."

Yubin frowned at Xingchen's word. He wanted to argue with Xingchen. But, he felt good too. 'Is Daozhang scared for me? He cares....'

"Is it because of that....Xue Yang guy?"

Xingchen froze at his place after hearing that name. "Isn't that the guy who lived with you here?"

"A-Yubin! It's already late. You should sleep now. We can talk about this tomorrow!"

"Ahhh Ok Daozhang! As you say! Where should I sleep?" Yubin kicked a stone while walking towards the coffin.

"Here!" Xingchen immediately went out of the coffin as he pointed at it with his face.

"Here? Inside this coffin? Ahhh no! I can't sleep here." Yubin shrugged as he tried to back away, but Xingchen was quick enough to hold his hand.

"Back then, Xue Yang use to sleep in this coffin. So, get in now." Xingchen said with a smile on his face.

"Ah...Things I do for Daozhang-" Yubin scoffed at Xingchen as he jumped into the coffin.

"Daozhang...I don't feel good..." Yubin whispered but the older ignored him.

"Goodnight A-Yubin." Xingchen said for the last time as he went inside his room and closed the door.

Yubin carefully layed inside the coffin. His mind started to get hazy. He tried to compress the feeling and closed his eyes tightly. After some time, he eventually fell asleep because how tired he was.

Suddenly, a room door got slowly creaked open. Xingchen carefully came out of the room, not making too much sound.

He slowly walked towards the coffin and heard soft breaths coming from inside.

"Take care, A-Yubin..." Xingchen whispered as he went out of the coffin home and headed towards the forest.

With quiet and careful steps, he walked on the roads. There was no one outside. Most of the villagers were probably drunk in the party or passed out there. Rest of them were asleep.

Xingchen was in front of the forest now. He took a deep breath as he went inside. It was cold there. Yet, he was sweating vigorously. He didn't want to encounter a demon at this vulnerable state. He didn't have any weapon with him, again.

He searched and searched through the forest. Suddenly, he stumbled upon a small house out of nowhere.

'There is a house inside the forest?....' Xingchen took a breath as stood straight. There was no sound at all. Although, there was a quite ugly smell coming from somewhere near.

He went near the entrance, "Is someone in here? Someone?" Xingchen called out, but no one answered.

He raised his hand and touched the main door. Currents passed through his veins and his whole body shivered.

"Demonic energy.....This door is closed by the power of demon!" Xingchen said under his breath as he frowned.

He pulled out a jade looking talisman and threw it onto the door. The door got opened slightly as the smell grew thicker.

Xingchen cupped his nose and winced at the smell.

He pushed the door open fully and went inside.

"I-is someone in here?" Xingchen walked around the house. He found a place where the smell was thicker and went there.

He followed the smell and stumbled upon a mat. He knelt down and touched the around to find something.

There was a dead body on top of that.

He flinched slightly but fear didn't catch him yet. 'There is a house inside on a forest, and a dead person is here aswell. What is even happening? Today is not a good day.' Xingchen thought as he started to check that dead person's body. He found a necklace on that person's neck.

He lifted it with his hand and felt it. Some letters were engraved on top of that necklace. He roamed his finger around the necklace as he tried to understand what was written on that.

Although, It was really difficult to understand. The necklace was kinda broken and got rusty.

Xingchen focused on the necklace and tried to understand. He figured out the first word. It was 'Han'.

The second phrase was really hard to figure out but he got the last part too. It was 'Bin'.

Xingchen frowned as he got up and abounded the necklace. 'Something is not right...."

The Taoist priest wasn't feeling the good in this unhealthy environment. He touched the walls, trying to find his way out. But suddenly, he stumbled upon a table which was kept really close to the wall. He heard something fall on the ground. It was really loud, seemed like it was heavy too.

Out of curiosity, Xingchen knelt down and searched for the thing which got fallen.

He finally found it. Upon touching it with his hand, he froze at the spot.

With trembling hands he picked the thing up. It was a sword. Not any random sword.

It was Shuanghua. His own sword. He touched it more, feeling the engraved designs on his own sword. He was extremely happy but terrified at the same time.

'Song Lan said that...he sacrificed my sword to bring me back...then why is it here?...' Xingchen thought as he held the sword close to him.

He suddenly heard some footsteps. It was approaching him slowly.

"You are finally here, Daozhang~"