Chapter 10

"Daozhang? What happened? Master Xingchen?" Yubin frowned as he went closer to Xingchen.

He waved his hand infront of him. Suddenly, he let out a laugh and smacked himself for his dumbness. Even if he waved his hand infront of Xingchen for thousand times, he won't notice. Because, he is blind.

"Master Xingchen~ What happened? Please answer me!" Yubin stomped his legs on the ground and kept looking at Xingchen's figure.

His eyes roamed around his body. Suddenly, he saw a faint mark on Xingchen's neck. It was on the left side.

His neck was pale and looked extremely soft. That mark just enhanced his beauty. It was a perfect place to bite.

Yubin gulped as he raised his hand to touch Xingchen's neck.

But, the Taoist snapped his head away immediately and caught Yubin's hand.

"What are you doing, A-Yubin?" Xingchen fixed his posture and asked him.

"Daozhang! You are ok? I just saw this mark on your neck. What is the cause of it?" Yubin asked.

Xingchen lowered his head as he touched the mark on his neck. His mind was bubbling up with old and bad thoughts.

"T-this? I did it myself...a-accidentally..." Yubin nodded as Xingchen let out a huff. He didn't want to recall those moments again.

"Daozhang, everyone is waiting for us outside! Let's make it quick. I have to help you, or else you will take a huge amount of time to fill those glasses!" Yubin protested. Xingchen thought for a bit and sighed. He nodded his head in response and started pouring the milk again.

Yubin smiled at his response as they both started doing the job.

The party went extremely well. Every single villager enjoyed it. There wasn't any fancy liquor arrangements. But, the presence of Xingchen was enough for them.

"Master Song. We are so happy! You and Master Xingchen are finally reunited!" An old looking man exclaimed with joy. Song Lan nodded his head and smiled at him.

"Uncle, did you like the food? How was it? What about those dancing girls? Do you like them more? Ahh-" Yubin got cut off by a smack from Xingchen.

"A-Yubin, you don't have to ask him so many questions!"

Xingchen chuckled as he focused on the old man. "Xiansheng, you can go and enjoy the party." Xingchen smiled at him. The old man bowed at them as he left.

Song Lan turned to Xingchen as he rested one of his hand at his shoulder.

"Xingchen, everything is so nicely done. The food was great too. We got Red bean soup, Rice balls, Osmanthus dish and sweet egg buns! Also, thanks for providing candies for everyone! The kids loved them."

On the other hand, Xingchen frowned after hearing the menu.

"Wait...everything in the menu is sweet! And, candies also? Zichen, something is wrong..." Xingchen trembled.

"Xingchen, didn't you select these dishes for the party?" Song Lan's voice echoed.

"No Zichen! It wasn't me.....wait...A-Yubin! Who made all of this?" Xingchen turned around as he confronted Yubin.

"I-i....Actually, I don't know Daozhang. I just appointed some villagers to cook. They told me that, they will ask all the villagers about some common foods and will cook them for tonight! And, I believed them." Yubin was shivering now. Xingchen wasn't looking at him directly, yet his aura was so intimating.

"Where are those villagers? I want to meet them."

"T-they are in the cooking hall. I will take you there." Yubin said with a trembling tone.

"Zichen, I think something really suspicious is going on. Stay here and keep an eye on the villagers. I will be back soon." Xingchen said as he rushed out with Yubin. Song Lan wanted to go too, but they were out of sight by then.

After walking for a few minutes, they finally reached the cooking hall. Since the eating period was over, those villagers were cleaning the dishes.

"Hey! Everyone come here please. Master Xingchen wants to talk!" Yubin shouted as everyone ran towards them and bowed.

"Everyone...I am not here to hurt anybody. I just want to ask something. Did the villagers ask you to make all those stuff you cooked today?" Xingchen asked. Fear started to splatter over their faces. Xingchen could feel it by the densed air.

"I will protect you all with my own life. Don't be scared please. I really have to know that." Xingchen pleaded.

"M-master Xingchen...actually, we never asked the villagers. Before we could that, a stranger came to us and threatened us to make sweet dishes only!" Finally a villager gathered the courage and spoke out.

"A stranger? Can you tell me briefly?"

"That boy had all black robes on. He looked young but kind of devilish. We couldn't recognize his face though. He wasn't a resident of Yi City either. When he told us to make sweet foods, we immediately refused."

"You all could've just ran to me or Zichen. Informing A-Yubin would work too!" Xingchen said with rage in his voice. He was extremely mad. How can someone just come and rule over the villagers?

"We wanted to tell you! But, suddenly that boy pulled out a white sword and threatened to kill us! We had to obey him. We were extremely scared. Sorry Master Xingchen!" The man spoke out as he bowed again.

"....a white sword?" Xingchen's brows furrowed. Something was definitely wrong.

"Yes! The scabbard was bronze-colored with patterns of frost carved on it! Also, it's silver blade can be seen too."

Xingchen's breath got caught in his throat.

"S-shuanghua?" The appearance of the sword definitely matches with his own sword. But, Song Lan said that he sacrificed it to revive Xingchen's soul. How is it back then?

"Oh Master Xingchen! I remember it now! He told us to something before leaving!"

Xingchen perked his head up as he felt tingling sensations on his back. He took a deep breath as he asked, "What did he say?"

"He said that, he is waiting to meet you. And, his name is....ahh what was that? Oof...yahh I got it! He said, his name was

Xue Yang!"