Chapter 8

"Really Xingchen? You are already wounded and owe me an explanation. Yet, you are thinking about Xue Yang?" Song Lan fumed out.

"Zichen....I wasn't here for 1 year...I need to know what happened. Yes, I owe you an explanation about last night....It's just because I wanted to-"

"Save the villagers, right?"

Xingchen sighed as he nodded his head.

Song Lan's face finally softened a bit as he knelt down infront of Xingchen.

"I know it's hard for you to endure something bad happening with the villagers. We don't know what is waiting for us outside. But, it's dangerous. You could've just called me to-"

"Would you let me go if I told you?"

"I-" Song Lan was quiet now. As expected, Xingchen knew the answer. He would never let Xingchen go alone.

"Zichen...why do you don't want to tell me? I haven't seen my sword either...Where is it?" Xingchen asked.

"You really want to know? Then listen. When you died, Xue Yang carried your sword and pretended to be you to decieve Wei Wuxian. He stole your spiritual congnition, so that he could revive you. Just to make you his obedient puppet!"

"W-what? He wanted to make me a puppet?" Xingchen was shocked. As if, he didn't want to believe that Xue Yang would do this.

Yes...But, he failed. After defeating him, I took back your spiritual congnition and Shuanghua. I carried them with me no matter where I went. Hoping that someday, you will come back and cultivate with me again...

But, that day was far away. I finally understood....dreaming about your return will come in no use. I really had to do something.

That's why, I went to Wei Wuxian in Cloud Recesses. We were in the library pavilion for days! Trying to find a way to revive you. But, there was no way.

Although, Wei Gongzi helped me to revive A-Qing's body back. But, her soul was no where to be found.

I finally cameback in Yi City after 6 months. I tried to convince people, so they will live here again. That's when, I met Yubin.

He was a kind kid. He helped me to make people stay here. With the help of him, we finally managed to make this place peaceful again."

"But....How did you revive me then?"

"One day, Yubin found a demonic cultivation related book from his own village. There was a method to revive a soul which does not want to comeback."

"W-what was the m-method, Zichen?"

Song Lan took a deep breath his voice echoed, "We had to sacrifice your sword and lives of 29 people." Song Lan exhaled loudly.

"W-what!? Did you really-"

"I only had to sacrifice Shuanghua, Xingchen. Luckily, your spiritual energy got back without killing a single person!"

Xingchen let out a heavy breath which he was holding because of tension.

"But...isn't that kind of unnatural? Demonic Cultivation always requires high amount of sacrifice. And, how come reviving a shattered soul became so easy?"

"That's what I was thinking too. It doesn't matter now... I am extremely sorry for your sword Xingchen. But, I just wanted you to comeback-"

Xingchen cut him off with a hug. Song Lan closed his eyes as he admired the warm embrace.

"T-thanks Zichen. I had absolutely no will to live. But now, I have so many reasons. The villagers, A-Qing, You and A-Yubin...." Xingchen chuckled as he finally detached.

"I just want to laugh at how unpredictable the life is." Xingchen spoke out. Song Lan sighed as stared at his face.

"Are you feeling better now?"

"Y-yes. My hands are healing so quickly. Thanks to your medicine!" Xingchen smiled sweetly as Song Lan got up.

"Let me see if Yubin needs any help to arrange the party." Song Lan said as was about to head out.

"Umm Zichen! What happened to Xue Yang? You didn't answer me..." Xingchen asked out of curiosity.

"He is dead. I killed him." Song Lan's voice echoed through Xingchen's mind and he finally went out without looking back.

His biggest enemy, for whom he killed himself...was already dead? Xingchen was supposed to be so happy. The killer of A-Qing and the reason for the deaths of those villagers was no longer alive.

Yet, he felt a sudden pain on his chest. He wasn't trying to feel bad at all. But, his heart was aching.

'Xue Yang...died?' Xingchen thought. As if he didn't want to hear Song Lan saying that.

'Daozhang~' A deep voice echoed through Xingchen's mind again. Suddenly, he started to imagine something. It was someone's face.

The face was smiling and looking at him. So beautiful....He walked near him. Closer and closer.

'NO!'

Xingchen forced himself to snap out of his thoughts. He should not think like that. He should focus on the current situation.

If Xue Yang is dead, who was the person that confronted him last night? Perhaps, is he alive?