Chapter 9

"Daozhang! Are you ready?? Everyone is waiting for us! Aren't you gonna come? Hurry up!" Yubin was jumping around as Xingchen was fixing his clothes.

"Calm down A-Yubin. I am quick enough- Ah" Yubin accidentally touched Xingchen's wrist again. He quickly scrambled back and bowed down.

"Oh my god, I am so clumsy! I am so sorry Daozhang. I forgot that-"

"It's the 6th time you are doing this A-Yubin. You are still apologizing for what? Am I going to get mad at you? No." Xingchen chuckled.

"Yah Daozhang. You are supposedly in pain right now. Yet, you are willing to attend the party. I envy you."

Xingchen smacked Yubin as he laughed. After more 5 minutes, they finally went to the party location.

The place wasn't messy at all. Although, It was filled with people. They were all sitting on chairs surrounded by round tables. Some villagers were serving fruit juices to them. Yubin carefully led the way as they met Song Lan.

"Ah master Song, we are here!" Yubin beamed out. "Zichen..."

Song Lan nodded his head as he looked at Xingchen. He was looking so ethereal yet calm. His beauty was out of this world.

It took him some time to avert his gaze from Xingchen. Yubin noticed it as he coughed to draw Song Lan's attention.

Song Lan finally looked at the villagers. They were all busy talking to themselves. He pulled a talisman and threw it on the sky.

Red, blue, green, yellow and different hues of light started to beam in the sky. Everyone was shook. They all looked up and admired the beauty. Those lights slowly started to form a sentence.

"Xiao Xingchen Is Here"

All the villagers then looked at the front. Yubin and Song Lan were staring at them with an amused expression.

Then they saw a person with white robes standing next to them. His eyes were covered with a piece of cloth. Yet, he gave out a peaceful aura. Bright moon and gentle breeze would be the perfect words to describe him.

The moon was shining brightly upon the open ground. It enhanced Xingchen's beauty by thousand steps.

The villagers bowed to him as everyone started to cheer for Xingchen. Xingchen smiled proudly as he bowed back.

"Thanks for such a heart warming welcome party. I am grateful to Song Lan and Han Yubin. They are reason behind my presence here. I, Xiao Xingchen, student of Baoshan Sanren, am taking a oath to protect everyone form danger and make Yi City a happy place again!" Xingchen said out loud.

"Master Xiao Xingchen is so great!" "Master Xingchen will be our saviour!" "Finally, we all can live with peace." Things like that could be heard.

Some villagers came in front and gave Xingchen flowers and gifts. He was so happy at that time. He forgot all the sorrow from his past life.

"Hey everyone! Remember those cows I brought a few days ago? They just gave milk. I will bring-"

"Wait, I will serve them the milk with my hands!" Xingchen said with a smile on his face.
"Master Xingchen is so polite and gentle!" Everyone started cheering again.

"But, Xingchen...you hands-" Xingchen turned his head at Song Lan's direction. "It's fine Zichen. I can do it for them." Song Lan thought for a bit as he nodded..

Yubin guided his way to the kitchen. He stood near the counter as he stared at Xingchen pouring some milk in the glasses.

"By the way Daozhang, do you know where cows go to have fun?"

"Umm no?"

"The mooooooovies~"

Yubin said with a loud chuckle, faking a cow's voice. Xingchen laughed out as he smacked him again. "You sure are good at making fake voices."

"I am! Daozhang, let me take some glasses and lead your way-"

"It's ok, I will laugh everytime you talk. How am I supposed to hold the glasses steadily-"

Suddenly, Xingchen stopped pouring the milk. Horror started to grasp him as he remembered something similar.

'Can you take take me out with you tomorrow night?' A familiar voice said with a grin on his face.

'Definitely not. You are still recovering. Besides, I wanna laugh everytime you talk. And, I can't held my sword steadily while laughing.'

"Unfortunately....my sword is not here...neither you are..."