Destiny.

The trio managed to travel closer to their destination after the incident. The sun was going to set in about an hour and they hadn't found a safe spot to camp.
"We shall travel a little further and if we don't find a spot even then...we will have to climb a tree." Said Colin.
The other two nodded in agreement.
The birds flew back to their nests as the sun came closer to the horizon. The sky gained a beautiful mix of all the evening colours, the dark clouds acted as a contrast to the sky and their tops were reflecting the golden rays of the sun. It truly was a beautiful sight.
The sun sank into the horizon and darkness began its reign. Following  Colin's command the three climbed onto a tree and tied themselves to its branches, which  prevented them from falling.
The night was beautiful. The sky was grandly decorated with stars and it's constellations. The dark background also consisted of galaxies. The three did not speak and silently fell asleep.

The next morning they woke up with sharp chirping of birds. They climbed down, freshened up and commenced their journey.
"We are close by. The cult is only a few kilometres from here." Colin said excitedly.
"That's great!" Lily exclaimed.
The three spotted movement behind the bushes a little ahead of them. They drew out their weapons, prepared to fight. A hooded figure came out of the shadows to make its appearance.
"Travelers, you have reached philosopher's road!" It said in a deep intimidating voice.
"What?" They demanded with their weapons still pointing at it.
"Never kill the messenger! It brings bad luck. And right now you all need luck." It replied calmly.
" I have a message! For the ones who seek refuge here in the east. Things are not the way they seem."
" What do you mean ?" Asked Edna.

" Far Far away - East,
   there is the cult you seek.
  You are not the only ones who need        saving,
  there are many, whose lives will soon be fading.
Acknowledge your destiny,
Earth herself is your key.
To destroy the true enemy,
the creator will prove to be the remedy."

The figure said this and walked back.
"Wait! What does this mean?" Edna asked curiously.
"Acknowledge your destiny..." The voice repeated and faded away back into the shadows.
" What do we do now?" Asked Lily clueless.
"Acknowledge your destiny. Earth herself is the key?" Colin asked puzzled.
" True enemy... That would be Nectra. It's creator will be the remedy. But it came out of space! So we go to space now?!" said  Edna who was irritated by the riddle.
" Or maybe we should inform this to the cult... They could probably decipher the message." Lily said.
" Yes they could!... Let's just continue with the trek we cannot get delayed after coming so close to cult!... Remember Nectra is still out there travelling faster than ever." Said Colin.

Several hours had passed and the trio had finally decided to halt after the long trek. After their afternoon meal. Edna and Colin sat together.
" Aren't you curious to know what the messenger said to us on philosopher's road?" Edna asked Colin.
" Well, I am. But who is to say if it even is true! We have no proof... We can't trust any random guy who calls himself the messenger!"Colin said giving special emphasis to messenger.
Edna laughed "Colin... I think we should trust the messenger."
" Why?"
" Because ...I have this gut feeling that he was trying to help. It was the kind of feeling I had when you banged the door of our house the day we met."
Colin smiled  shyly and thought to himself "You trusted me the day we met?"
He liked Edna. She was simple, loving and smart.
"Hey! How much further to reach the cult." Lily walked in, interrupting their moment.
"Couldn't you JUST keep that thought to YOURSELF kiddo?!" Colin thought to himself.
" It's about 1 or 2 kilometres ahead!"he said clearing his thoughts.
" Oh okay!"Lily said and sat in between the two.
"Get out! Play with your spear! " he thought to himself again.
" Colin, we should resume our journey.
We've had enough rest!"Edna said looking at Colin
" Yes, we should." He replied.

After a long journey which involved crossing a river and hiking a hill range  the three reached a region barricaded by tall thorny, poisonous bushes. It was already late in the evening and the sun was about to set.
" This does not make any sense. My map says there is a road here...we are this close to reach the cult!"Colin said agitated, showing the slightest gap between his thumb and index finger.
All of a sudden a white fog covered the ground and consumed the air around them.
The surroundings became cold and it became difficult for them to breathe.
" Maa! What's happening?" Lily was wheezing and her voice sounded scared.
" I dont know dear." Edna began to cough.
The air made their lungs weak and the cold made them fall to their knees.
Colin tried to stand up and fight but failed miserably his eyes no longer obeyed the command of his brain and his view became blurry.
" It's... it's..Nec.. Nectra!" He said and his eyes were on the verge of shutting when he saw a hazy image of person, staring down at him and the others.