Revelations.

Five days had passed since Derek revealed the truth about Colin's past. Colin decided he would trust Derek and informed Edna and Lily. The three were on a mission to find the truth about the cult as Georgia requested. People all across the cult found refugees amusing and did not hesitate to pry in their lives. This made it difficult for the four of them to discreetly meet at Georgia. 

Hence, they decided that Derek reached Georgia first and each met with a half hour interval. They were required to discuss confidential matters only in Georgia and nowhere else.

The cult was huge. It had a population of over 2 lakh people. Colin, Edna and Lily had a lot to learn about science and weaponry. During  morning the four would meet at Georgia and study how the cult has been collecting refugees over the years and during the evenings the three would learn about science and technology to cope up with the existing society.

" The number of people travelling in the forest is more than the number that make it to the cult." Derek said, showing a chart during one of their morning meetings.

"Every month about ten refugees reach the cult. But the number outside is more and for some reason they are not able to reach."Derek continued.

" That makes sense. Nectra has been travelling faster. It must be hunting dozens of travelers a night." Edna said.

"Nectra is traveling fast but not fast enough to reach travelers within a three kilometre radius of the cult ."Derek said pointing at the map .

The three looked at each other not knowing what to do.

Meanwhile, scientists in a dark laboratory were busy with their computers and notes. Two of them were standing in front of a huge screen displaying a graphical image of the forest. One of them began to type the commands of the program.

A bold male voice commanded from the shadows. His face wasn't visible.

"Make it faster!"he ordered angrily.

"Sir, we shouldn't! It's dangerous and can harm nature's balance."one of the scientists protested.

"How dare you back answer me! Just do as I say. Nature should have made this decision long ago."The man snarled.

"Ye...yes sir!" The scientist replied sheepishly.

Soon after that, an image of the deadly Nectra was revealed. It was silently making its way through the forest. It had become faster.

"Oh dear god!" The other scientist said with horror, his voice was trembling.

The man behind the shadows fell silent. All the scientists in the lab stopped to look at the beautiful yet extremely dangerous gas peacefully making its way through the woods.

That evening after their class was over, Lily and Derek decided to take a walk. The sky had attained a beautiful mixture of pink and orange. The sun had sunk into the horizon but it's golden rays were still visible. The clouds reflected the rays and looked golden. The other end of the horizon was getting darker by the moment. The cool evening breeze brushed their faces. It was a treat to the eyes.

 The two had a slight admiration for one another and the beautiful weather made the moment even better. They sat on a bench in the park.

"Isn't beautiful."Derek asked, looking at Lil.
"Yes it is."she replied, staring at the sky.
"You know, this reminds me of my home back in the forest. By this time my mother and I would have climbed a hillock to admire the sunset. There we would talk our hearts about everything. I miss those days."Lil said looking back at the ground.

"Hey it's fine. Look at the bright side: you and your mother are safe and you never have to worry about Nectra."Derek said with empathy.

"What do you mean by never having to worry about Nectra?"Lily asked surprised.