Chapter 5: Chewy Situation

Happy New Years.

This has to be one of the hardest chapters.
------------------
.:Previously:.

"Good to have you back Jack." He said.

"Good to be back Will" I say locking eyes with him.

()----()----()----()

"Mr. Wonka?" Charlie said.

"Huh?" Willy said breaking eye contact and looking back at Charlie.

"Why would Augustus' name already be in the Oompa-Loompa song, unless. . .?" He said.

"Improvisation is a parlour trick. Anyone can do it." He said and looked to Violet. "You, little girl. Say something. Anything."

"Chewing Gum." She simply said.

"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum I hate the most." He said singing a little the words "See? Exactly the same."

"No it isn't" Mike said.

Willy looked back at Mike with a slightly disgusted face saying "Er, you really shouldn't mumble. Because I can't understand a word you're saying." Then he smiled and said. "Now, on with the tour."

We saw Oompa Loompas laughing.

"What's so funny?" Violet asked Willy.

"I think it's from all those doggone cocoa beans." He said. "Hey, by the way, did you guys know that chocolate contains a property that triggers the release of endorphins? Gives one the feeling of being in love."

"You don't say." Mrs. Beauregarde said to Willy with really bad flirty eyes. I feel something in the bottom of my heart. I feel annoyed, angry, sad. I feel like I could kill. I glared at Mrs. Beauregarde and she caught my eyes jumping in surprise and looking down trying to avoid my eye.

I look at Willy and he just looked plain uncomfortable. He just looked at me. I gave him a small smile. When we reached one edge of the river, we heard the banging of drums. It was a pink sea horse boat full of Oompa- Loompas and the end empty for us.

"All aboard." Willy said.

The Salt's sat in the front, behind them the Teevea's, next to the Teevea's was the Beauregarde's and next to them was me, and lastly right behind me was Willy, Charlie and Joe.

"Onward." Willy said as they started to bang the drums and move the paddles at the same rhythm.

He looked to Charlie and said. "Here. Try some of this. It'll do you good. You look starved to death."

He took a sip and gave some to Joe. "It's great."

"That's because it's mixed by waterfall." He said smiling then looked up and said loudly so the others can hear. "The waterfall is most important. Mixes the chocolate, churns it up, makes it light and frothy." Then he raised a finger and said. "Oh, by the way, no other factory in the world-"

"You already said that." Veruca said interrupting him rudely.

He frowned and put his finger down. I tap him on the shoulder and whisper to him. "Hey, it's ok Will, your excited. This is the first time you let people in. It's ok to accidentally say things twice."

He smiled and sat up strait. He looked at them and said. "You're all quite short, aren't you?"

"Well, yeah. We're children" Violet said.

"Well, that's no excuse. I was never as short as you." Will said.

"You were once." Mike said.

"Was Not, know why?" He said. "I distinctly remember putting a hat on top of my head. Look at your short little arms. You could never reach."