Chapter 7: A Small Part of the Problem

"I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier." Willy said walking us over to an elevator completely made out of glass. "The elevator's by far the most efficient way to get around
the factory."

We enter to see over 30 floors in the elevator.

Bettle Juicing room.

Cavity-Filling Caramel room.

Cocoa Cat's room.

Dessert island room.

There so many rooms, I'm just glad I remember some from the plans. But man, had Willy really stepped up from when we were in the small store on Cherry Street.

"There can't be this many floors" Mike said.

"How do you know, Mr Smarty-Pants?" Willy said. "And this isn't just an ordinary up and down elevator, by the way. This elevator can go sideways, longways, slantways, and any other ways you can think of. You just press any button and, whoosh, you're off."

And with that he pressed a button and it immediately moved down, and back. He was right, this elevator went in every direction my mind could think off. At one stop, I tripped and fell right into Willy's arms.

"Be careful, the first ride's always a doozy." He said and looked up to see where we were. "Oh, look. Look. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to fudge mountain."

It was a brown mountain covered in what seemed snow but I bet it's sugar. When we passed Fudge Mountain, we reached a place where there were pink sheep and they were being shaved.

"Oh... I'd rather not talk about this one." Willy said to us.

"Cotton candy?" I whisper in his ear. He nods and I see a small smile reach his lips. "I'm not even gonna ask how you got this to work."

Then we Reached the roof of a hospital like room full of... The puppets?

"This is the puppet hospital and burn centre. It's relatively new." Willy said referring to the puppet show at the start of the tour.

Then we reached a room full of little offices and pink dressed Oompa Loompas. We stopped right in front of one.

"Ah, the administration offices." Willy said then turned to the Oompa Loompa "Hello, Doris." He waved and Doris waved back.

Then the elevator went back and pushed us against the glass wall. We were now going down in a room full of explosive candy. Like, fireworks going around everywhere.

"So this is it." I said gazing our in wonder.

"Why is everything here completely pointless?" Mike asked.

"Candy doesn't have to have a point. That's why it's candy." Charlie said looking at me and smiling.

I smile back "thats right Charlie." I say.

Willy smiled at him.

"It's stupid" Mike said. "Candy is a waste of time."

Right then my head snapped to Willy. Those kinds of things bug him considering past. He once again looked thoughtful.

"I wanna pick a room." Mike said.

Willy smiled at him and said. "Go ahead." And Mike had picked the obvious room for him.

The TV room.

When we reached it, Willy passed us goggles. "Here. Put these on quick, don't take them off whatever you do. This light could burn your eyeballs right out of your skulls." He said. "And we certainly don't want that, now, do we?"