𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | ORDINARY PEOPLE

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA FURROWED HER BROWS AS SHE STARED AT THE PICTURES. Alaric had pictures of some Viking carvings sketched into the wall of the Lockwood cellar, however, vampires were unable to enter. So for Damon and Klara's benefit, Alaric and Elena took pictures of everything in the cellar so that Klara and Damon were able to help them piece it together.

"These images tell a story," Alaric stated. He and Klara were looking over the pictures while Damon and Elena were combat training behind them. "To learn the story, you have to decipher these images."

"Okay. And, how exactly are we gonna do that?" The blonde vampire asked pointedly, while she heard Elena groaning at Damon's remarks at how sloppy her fighting was.

"Well, the ghost of Christmas past, Mason Lockwood, said that the cave would lead us to a weapon that could kill Klaus," Damon stated once he blocked Elena's attack with ease.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have a weapon?" Elena joined in, though she was still focused on her training.

"Yeah. Which means that this wall is probably the thing that will help us find Mikael." Klara swung her legs after she jumped up onto Alaric's kitchen counter and grabbed a picture from the table.

"These images, at the very least, might tell us what that weapon is."

Elena finished her training with Damon and walked over toward the table of images. "Then all we have to do is find out what they mean."

"Fine. Fine! If I'm being irritatingly optimistic like you three—" Damon began which caused Klara and Elena to both roll their eyes. "—How do you suppose we do that?"

"I mean, it's not hard, right?" Klara shrugged. She hoped someone would follow on, but everyone appeared to be clueless. "Wow. Okay. Well, they're about the Original family, so you ask an Original." Finally, she jumped off the counter and smirked.

"Rebekah." Elena nodded in the vampire's direction. "Leave it with me."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"She's going to tell me. She's scared of him, Klara, I saw her face." Elena breathed out from the other end of the line as Klara and Damon walked into the city jail, where Stefan was being held. "I just have to engage in a little mean-girl power struggle first."

"Make sure she doesn't power struggle you into a wheelchair," Damon called, he wanted to make it known to Elena that he was in fact listening in on their phone conversation.

"I've got this, Damon. If we can figure out a way to kill Klaus, Stefan will be free of his compulsion." A breath escaped her lips. "Klara, how does he look?"