Chapter 2- Found Family: Part 2

I woke up at 7:30, and I would normally be at school at this time. I pull my hair into a ponytail and put on my blue jeans and a grey crop top. I pulled a jean jacket on and went to the kitchen. Marilla was making eggs and waffles. "Mmm, smells delicious, Marilla." I said.

"Why thank you, Anne. But you have to eat quickly, we're running a bit behind schedule." I quickly ate her food and said goodbye to Matthew and Marilla. I rushed to the 4 train, luckily caught it just before the doors closed. Then came the 30 minute train ride. My ride was fairly normal, an old lady preaching, street performers yelling "Showtime", and the train going "There is train traffic ahead of us. We apologize for any inconvenience." I loved the train regardless, creating stories for the people I saw. The girl with the long hair was a scientist who was working on the cure for cancer. And the old man with the cane used to work for the CIA. This game almost caused me to miss my stop of course. When I exited the station I was surrounded by buildings. I may have lived in New York all her life, but I never really went into Manhattan. The landscape was far different from Brooklyn's, aside from the occasional shorter building, all the apartments, offices, hospitals, and stores were in skyscrapers.

I walked further from Central Park and eventually saw it. My new school. Approaching it I decided something, "I will be outgoing and make friends and I will stand up for myself, no matter what." This decision reminded me of the people that commented on her picture the night before, so I sent a message to the girl named Diana.

Hi. I'm Anne and yeah I am going to your school. I was wondering if you would maybe want to show me around?

Hi anne. Of course I will show you around. 💕💕
Oh btw I heard you were touring and already requested to do it anyway🤭

I don't know why, but I liked Diana already. I walked into the school and went to the office. The principal's assistant saw her, "You must be Anne. Our principal's in a meeting, but our student Diana Barry had offered to show you around. Enjoy your trial day." I smiled and said thank you and when I turned around I saw a girl who I assumed to be Diana standing there.

"Hi Anne! I'm Diana. Welcome to Chapin!" Diana said cheerfully and to my shock Diana pulled me into a hug. I gave a small laugh and said hi back. "So I know I have to show you around, but I need to introduce you to the Avonlea Crew." I nodded, "Where those the people you tagged under my picture?"

"Correcto!" Diana went on to describe each and every one of them as we walked to the courtyard. "...and we call ourselves The Avonlea Crew because we visit Avonlea in Canada every year for spring break." I couldn't believe all the things Diana was telling me and oddly enough I felt at home for once. We finally made it to the courtyard where the gang was waiting. "Hi everyone. This is Anne." Diana said. I smiled at everyone and had an idea, "Okay, so Diana already told me a lot about you guys, so wanna play a game." Everyone nodded, so I proceeded, "I'm gonna guess who's who."

I first looked at the short girl with blond hair, "You must be Ruby." Ruby smiled "Yup." Then at the girl with the brown hair and wearing green, "Diana said you love green, so you must be Tillie." At that Tillie laughed. I went on, and when she finally got to the boy with hazel eyes and brown hair I froze for a second.

"Oh um, you are obviously Gilbert, Diana's brother because you're the last one." Gilbert looked back at me and laughed, "Half-brother, but yeah that's me."At that the bell rang and the group dispersed. "Come with me Anne. I'm excused from homeroom to show you around." After the tour Diana and I returned to the doorway of Diana's class. "Oh you have homeroom with Ruby and Gilbert." I said looking inside.

Diana looked a little more seriously at me, "Ruby is practically in love with Gilbert." I gave her a look as to why she was telling me this. "Oh Anne, don't look so confused. I saw how you and Gilbert were looking at each other." I blushed. "I'm just letting you know of Ruby's crush is all." I looked in the classroom again and saw that rather than looking at the board, Ruby was looking at Gilbert. "I understand." I said. Then we walked into the room and sat down.

I followed Diana through all of her classes, and even learned a few new things, so I took a few notes on my phone. Finally it was lunch and Diana led me to the cafeteria, "The lunch food here is unlike an other school in the city." I gazed at the salad bar, candy bar, and frozen yogurt bar. "Wow" she whispered to myself.

We sat down at the table where the rest of the group was sitting and I could feel Gilbert looking at me, but refused to look back. Ruby must've caught this and asked while smirking, "Anne do you have a boyfriend?" I looked at her shocked by the bluntness, "Oh um, no. I'm single as a Pringle." Ruby slightly frowned, obviously hoping for a different answer, "Oh, ok cool."

Diana whispered to me, "I should tell you the rest of the pairings. So Josie likes Billy, Moody likes Ruby, I like Charlie, and as you know Ruby likes Gilbert." I whispered back "What about Tillie?" Diana smiled and said, "She won't tell me, but I will figure it out." The gang continued to talk and laugh and eat. It was everything I had hoped for. A group of friends and a school I cared for. It was just my luck that although it was the last day for them and everyone was leaving, Diana was staying in New York.

After lunch, we went about the rest of our day, until the school day ended and I had to return home. I hugged Diana and walked back to get on the 4 train home. After my ride while walking from the train, I saw a box. Curiously, I looked inside and saw a puppy. Of course, I picked it up and ran home. "Can I keep it? Please? As a gift for getting into Chapin?" I begged and begged until Marilla sighed, "Alright Anne, but she's your responsibility." I smiled looking at the puppy in my hands and went to my room. I went to sleep with Clover at my side and a smile on my face.

 I went to sleep with Clover at my side and a smile on my face

200 likes
anne.shirley.cuthbert found her in a box now she's mine 🥰 hi clover 🍀

View all comments

diana•barry aww shes so cute 😍 💖
ruby.g no way I want one 💕💕
tillieee that is the most adorable puppy ever 😍
josie_the_realist ok I'm not really into animals but that dog is cute❤
gilly_blythe cute dog cute girl
diana•barry ^uhh
ruby.g ^^🙄
janeandrews awwwwwww 😍😍