Sherry Birkin (Part 1): Stuck In a Frozen Place

(Sherry's POV)

It has already been nearly a day and so many things had happened to me and Jake. I mean, I found him because he has what the world needs, we get ambushed by so many zombies, and we even had to jump out of a helicopter ready to crash...which did result me in getting stabbed. But thankfully, my blood can regenerate injuries like that but it doesn't mean I should be careless. But enough of that, after we just went through the trouble of going through the snowy wasteland for the data regarding Jake for God knows how long, me and him finally found all of the missing data we needed the made it into a cabin that looks like it has been used a while ago...more than likely the owner was infected and is absent in the area so it may not be a problem. Jake sets up the fire to keep us warm from the cold and meanwhile, I tried to get a hold of anyone with the walkie-talkie I have attached to my coat. But since the snowstorm got a bit worse, there was no way I could get in contact. Sighing frustratingly, I put the walkie-talkie back then take a seat against the wall near the fire. "Just great...we are gonna be stuck in this snowstorm without anyone coming to get us." I say out of frustration. Jake shakes his head and looks at me. "I'm sure that your employers will be able to track you." He says as he messes with his lighter. "So tell me, lady...what's up with your regenerative powers? You're like me or something? And what's your relationship with that BSAA guy?" I looked up at him for a while before sighing again and looking at the fire. "If you're really that curious about it..." I started, bringing my knees up to my chest. "My dad was a scientist who worked for Umbrella and he...he became a monster all because of the virus he had created. He slowly grew more and more away from himself and he even tried to get the virus in me, which I was only a child. But thanks to Claire Redfield, the sister of "that BSAA guy"...she gave me the vaccine in time before anything major happened...but for some reason...the vaccine in a way mutated the virus to where I have developed superhuman abilities." After explaining that section of the story, I could tell that Jake was taken aback by it. "S-Sherry...I-I'm sorry that something like that happened to you...especially as a child." He said, sitting down close to me, which I didn't mind. "It's alright, Jake...it was in the past anyway. But there are ,of course, other things that trouble me." I say softly, looking down at the floor. "Shoot. Maybe talking more about it can help. And it's not like we have nothing better to do." He joked. I look back at him. "Well, before the 1998 outbreak happened...there was...this boy...my only friend that I was around when my parents were too busy with their work." I shake my head just thinking about it. To be honest, even though he was my friend, I did grew a childish crush on him. Of course, that was gone but a part of me wants to find him and just start over again...hoping it could lead somewhere. Jake cleared his throat. "Well...do you remember the last time you saw him?" He asked me, which I nod. "Yes, actually...the last time I saw him was when I was in the police station looking for help. He was there too and then my dad was chasing after me throughout the station. I had to tell him that he couldn't be near me because I didn't want him to die...not from the hands of those monsters and my dad...but he did leave me this pebble to remember him." I reach into my pocket and pull out just a regular pebble. But unlike any other pebble, it not only got distinctive marks on them...it was (Y/N)'s...I put it close to me and sigh as I feel Jake's hand touch my shoulder. "Sounds like to me that you really miss him." He says to me, in a way that he is trying to comfort me. "I'm sure you'll see him again...even if it has been so many years." Hearing that does give me hope and I nod, looking at him. "Thanks, Jake...really." I give him a soft smile before looking out the window, watching the heavy snow pass by and wondering where you are now.

((Y/N)'s POV)

Okay, maybe this was not a good idea to live in a cabin...in a snow mountain! It'll be fresh, I said...it'll be nice start, I said...yeah right...having to hunt for food and find wood to keep myself surviving is really a nice start in living on my own. But the complaint is more to the fact that it is snowing like crazy and it would be difficult to return to my small place. I had grabbed myself mountain goat meat and some firewood before the snow hit hard and I am currently on my way back to my safe place. But as soon as I get to where I can see it...actually that is the problem...it is lit up in the house so much that I can see. Which means someone is here. Knowing that I got some intruders, I take off my backpack and pull out my handgun before putting the other stuff in there. I slowly tread towards the cabin through the tough snow and take a peek inside, trying to figure out how to approach this...but as soon as I saw blonde haired lady...I had to stop myself for a second, suddenly remembering a familiar face from years ago. "No...it can't be her...is it?" I thought to myself as I get a closer look, seeing that she is speaking to someone with her. "No...Sherry?" Then I look to the reflection of the window to see some lights in the distance. I quickly turn around to find some zombie people with guns. Realizing that they are more than likely after them, I had to act fast to get their attention so I can get them out safely. I form a snowball and throw it at the door, hoping it'll catch their attention then hide behind the cabin.