Chapter 6 - The Hunt

"Malfoy."

I turn and see Harry Potter. I beam. He's so handsome, with his dishevelled hair and his bright, beautiful emerald eyes.

"Harry" I laugh.

I throw myself to his neck and hug him, he hugs me back. After a second, he steps back and takes my face between his hands to look at me. There is so much love in his eyes... I would like to drown into them. His expression is tender and affectionate.

I love this man.

He leans forwards and he kisses me softly, I chuckle. His lips caress my jawline, he nibbles my neck. I can feel my heart warming up, I smile and rub my nose against his pec.

"Turn round, Draco."

I keep smiling. I trust him. I turn slowly, giving him a playful look, sliding my index finger on his chest. He draws me to him, my back is pressed against his torso. He removes the hair from my nape.

His lips brush against my skin. I breath in.

"I love you Harry" I murmur.

"I love you too."

He bites me. I gasp, closing my eyes.

It feels so right... so simple. Because I belong to him. Because omegas belong to alphas. And alphas...

I jump and fall from my bed with a shriek of surprise.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I wake up abruptly in my bed, in the Gryffindor's dormitory. I pant, my t-shirt is soaked with sweat. I gasp for air.

I need to find Draco. I need the omega.

I get up and leave my bed bare-footed. I go straight down the stairs and through the Common Room. I don't have my wand, I don't have shoes or socks on, but I leave the Gryffindor Tower and walk in the castle.

It's two o'clock, three o'clock maybe, I don't know and I don't care. I want to find Malfoy. I will rip the door of the Slytherin Dungeon open if I have to, but I will find him. I am going to kiss him. I am going to tear his clothes and hold his naked body against mine to sink myself into him.

I need the omega...

I cross the castle in the dark, without a candle or any source of light, but I don't trip a single time. I go down several stairs, my heart beats fast in my chest.

I need my omega...

I reach the Dungeon within a minute. My t-shirt is sticking to my skin, it's cold but I don't care.

"Draco" I whisper, licking my teeth.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I pace up and down in the Common Room, completely traumatised. Merlin, Salazar Slytherin and all the wizards from the wizarding world! Something's wrong with me!

My hands are shaking violently, my cheeks are red and my teeth chatter. This dream is the worst I've had so far... because I... because I'm feeling...

DAMN!

I'm feeling good!

Why!? I start chewing my nail. It was so real... I mean, I can still feel his hands holding my face... his eyes caressing me, his warmth, his softness... my... my...

My happiness?!

Ew!

It's not possible. I can't be attracted to him, I can't feel... comfortable with him! It's unbearable! A nonsense! A disgrace! He's Harry Bloody Potter! My archenemy, an idiot, a... a...

For Merlin's sake, he's a Gryffindor!

Shite!

I sit and try to calm down, breathing in and out deeply. I think I'm on the point of having a panic attack. I put two of my fingers on my wrist to take my own pulse.

Breathe in, breathe out... breathe in, breathe out... Try to think about something else.

I have a look at the room. The green, familiar decorations around me reassure me. I've spent so many hours in the Slytherin Dungeon... spending time with my friends, revising or criticising the Golden Trio.

Why did things change so much? What happened to me? I almost don't recognise myself...

I hear a noise behind the entrance of the Common Room.

I stand up slowly and walk to the door. I hesitate, then lay my hand on the wooden door. How do I know that he's here? How am I able to know that it's him? It's crazy. But my guts know it. I know he's behind the door.

I make one more step.

"Potter?" I whisper uncertainly.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

I press my palm on the door. I just heard a hushed, soft voice coming from the other side, calling my name.

It's Malfoy. It's my omega.

My breath is whistling. I swallow with difficulty.

"Open the door" I order.

He doesn't answer me. I suddenly feel the urge to rip the door open with an axe. I want him. I want to be inside him. With him.

"Open the door, now" I growl like a caged animal.

"N-no" he says in a muffled voice.

I unveil my teeth in a twisted, lopsided smile.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

"You know I won't give up. I'll keep coming, again and again. Because you are mine, understand, Malfoy? You... are mine."

My breath is altered. His voice is low, threatening. He's not himself. My heart is pounding loudly in my chest, my hands are trembling... but why?

Is it fear? Excitement? Anticipation? Damn, I've never seen Potter like this.

"Go away, please" I beg with a broken voice.

There is a silence. Then I hear an unpleasant laugh.

"I will chase you down and I'll do whatever it takes to do you. This is a promise, Malfoy. (He pauses.) Good night..." he sniggers.

He leaves.

My hand slides on the door and my arms are now hanging on each side of my body. I stay there, in the dark, cold Common Room for at least an hour. I'm shivering, near tears, lips trembling, my head is like in cotton wool...

I'm a mess.