CHAPTER 4

After saying goodnight to Caitlyn, Y/N makes her way to her cabin. Opening the door she almost runs into Mitchie, who was heading out. Mitchie barely gives her an acknowledgement at Y/N before she continues out the door and walking to another cabin across theirs. Sighing, Y/N walks into her cabin to see her mother in the sitting area, surrounded by cook books. Hearing footsteps, Connie looks up from the recipe she was reading.

"Hey, honey."

"Hey,mom."

"How was the open mic? Did you sing?"

"It was awesome to answer your first question and for your second question, mom you should know by now I don't like to sing in front of other people outside of this family."

"Honey," putting down her cook book, Connie walks over to her youngest. "You have such a beautiful voice and I want you to share it with the world."

"I know mom, it's just every time I get up in front of people, I freeze up and eventually, well pass out."

Sighing, Connie leads Y/N to sit on her bed.

"You will get over this fear by facing it. I believe by the end of the summer you can conquer your stage fright."

Smiling at her mother's words of encouragement, Y/N embraces her, feeling her mom wrap her arms around her.

"Thank you, now that Mitchie has moved out of the cabin, it means more bathroom space. So I'm going to take a shower and head to sleep mom."

"Alright sweetie. Better be rested for the first day of camp activities."

Grabbing her toiletries bag, Y/N walked into the bathroom. Removing her outfit, she climbed into the shower. As she showered, Y/N wondered why Mitchie would lie about their mom's job. Wasn't she proud of their mother and all her hard work? Y/N understood that Mitchie wanted to fit in, but lying to impress some girls was so not it. Turning off the shower, Y/N grabbed her towel before changing in her Connect Three band t-shirt and a pair of black shorts. After brushing and drying her hair, Y/N threw it into a messy bun at the top of her head. Brushing her teeth quickly, she spits the leftover toothpaste in her mouth in the sink. Sighing, she turns the light off and exits the bathroom. Walking over to her bed, Y/N wished her mother a goodnight, hearing a faint one in reply. Climbing in the covers, she burrows in her blankets, her exhausting day catching up to her, sending her into the realm of darkness in seconds.

..................................................

At 7:00 a.m the next morning, Y/N is up and working in the kitchen. For breakfast it was fruit, bacon, pancakes or waffles and toast. At 7:15, Mitchie walks through the door, waving to Y/N.

"Hey Y/N."

"Hey Mitchie. How's the new cabin?"

"It's great, I'm really sad that you didn't come with me though."

"Well I don't want to lie to make people like me." Y/N retorts, angry.

Wincing at her sister's tone, Mitchie looks up with a frown. "Ok, I know it wasn't right, but I was tired of being a loner. I wanted to fit in."

"And I get that, but someone is going to find out the truth."

"I know, but don't tell anyone the truth ok. Just agree that we have a super rich mom for my sake please."

Y/N turns to look at Mitchie who was wearing puppy dog eyes, hoping her sister will agree. "Fine, I know I will regret this, but sure, I'll back you up."

Squealing, Mitchie brought Y/N into a hug. Pulling away and chuckling, Y/N nodded her head towards the uncooked food, indicating for Mitchie to help her.