CHAPTER 8

It was the pajama jam today. Basically all the campers wear their pajamas or some lounge clothes, listen to music, and just talk to friends.

Y/N sighed, looking through her bag for her green shorts. Finally finding them, she slipped them on and headed out the cabin door.

Walking into the lounge room, Y/N notices Mitchie, Peggy, and Ella were all wearing matching outfits. She finds Caitlyn talking to Mitchie, pointing to Peggy and Ella who were watching a boy break dance.

"Look Caitlyn," Y/N heard Mitchie say, "what happened-"

"Save it, Mitchie." Caitlyn replied not wanting to hear her excuses. "If that's even your real name."

Mitchie sighs and walks over to Ella and Peggy.

"Hey, Y/N." Caitlyn says noticing her standing there.

"Hey Caitlyn."

The conversation ended with Dee walking onto the makeshift stage. "Next, give it up for the awesome Caitlyn Gellar!"

Y/N claps as Caitlyn walks up onto the stage.

"This is honor all of you awesome camp rockers." As Caitlyn begins to make beats with her computer and the keyboard in front of her, Y/N feels someone touch her waist. Turning her head, Y/N meets Shane's brown eyes. Smiling at him softly, Y/N turns back around.

"She's really good." Shane says into Y/N's ear.

Nodding Y/N silently agrees with him.

Tess, noticing Shane nodding along to Caitlyn's music and how close Shane and Y/N are, she screams.

"Help, help. There's a snake, a snake!"

Everyone panics. Y/N, who has a fear a snakes, steps back into Shane making him wrap his arms around her waist. Caitlyn turns the music off as Dee walks over to where Tess saw the 'snake'.

"It's just the power cord to the sound system, Tess." She says holding up the black wire to show her.

Relaxing Y/N looks down, noticing Shane still has his arms around her.

"Shane."

"Yeah," he responds looking down at her. When he notices where his arms are, he lets go and puts his arms by his side, blushing. Feeling her own cheeks redden, Y/N looked down too. When the red in his cheeks went away, Shane gabbed her attention.

Y/N turns to face him as he tapped her arm.

"I'm going to go and call my brothers real quick and head off to bed."

Y/N nods waving bye to him. She turns to leave but is stopped by a hand grabbing her wrist. Y/N turns to face Shane, confused on why he stopped her. Leaning down, Shane whispers, "Nice shorts by the way. Green is my favorite color and my favorite color on you."

Shane smiles seeing her cheeks flush before he turns and walks out the door, glancing at her one last time.

Sighing Y/N turns around and sees everyone watching Tess, Peggy, Ella, Caitlyn and Mitchie. Confused, Y/N walks over to the five, hearing their conversation.

"You are so full of it." Caitlyn says angrily to Tess.

"What?" Tess replies.

"You can't stand that people might actually like what other people do."

Tess instead of answering verbally, she puts three fingers on her head into a 'W', than a 'E', 'M' and finally 'L'.

"Ok what is that?" Caitlyn asks not understanding what she did.