Apple Of My Eye

zach x kio

zach x kio

zach ^

kio ^

I sighed as I gazed at my reflection in my bathroom mirror. I had struggled with bad acne for my entire life, and I was in the middle of an awful break out.

Kio and I were supposed to go film Tiktoks with the Hype House today, but I didn't really feel like going anywhere. I just felt like staying home and sulking; basking in my insecurities, ya know?

Against my better judgment, I finally decided to get ready to go. I got dressed in more formal clothes in an attempt to distract from the volcanic eruption that was occurring on my face.

As I was zipping up my fly, Kio came into our shared bedroom, hugging me from behind.

"Well hello beautiful." He said, kissing my cheek gently.

I scowled and pushed him away. "I am not beautiful."

Kio chuckled and hugged me again. "You are beautiful. You can be a little grouch sometimes, but you're beautiful."

"How can I be beautiful when my face looks like that?" I asked genuinely, gesturing to the mirror.

"Are you for real?" Kio asked, grabbing my face in his hands. "You are literally perfect bub!"

"Stop Kio!" I whined, burying my blushing face into my hands.

"I mean it Zachary Smith." Kio replied, removing my hands from my rosy cheeks. "You are the sweetest, funniest, most adorable and loving person I know. I just wish you could see that."

I smiled slightly, my cheeks still glowing red. "Awe, thanks babe, that means a lot."

"And it's the truth." Kio said resolutely. "Now let's go downstairs and grab some breakfast. We've got Tiktoks to film!"

Kio smiled brightly and grabbed my hand, practically yanking me down the stairs.

"Kio!" I yelled giggling.

"Hehe, sowwy." He replied.

I grinned and kissed his cheek. "It's okay bub."

"Wait right here!" Kio said excitedly, sitting me down on our living room couch. "You won't regret it!"

I laughed, "Whatever you say, baby."

After a moment, Kio returned with a honeycrisp apple.

"You are the apple of my eye." He said, handing me the apple with pride.

"Yeah, I definitely regret this." I said chuckling. "You are so corny bub."

"I am not corny!" Kio exclaimed, punching me in the shoulder playfully.

I laughed and kissed his cheek. "You are corny, Kio. You're adorable, but you're corny."