I'm Okay

quinton x bryce

quinton x bryce

quinton ^

bryce ^

warning: self harm ⚠️

quinton's pov

The relief I felt after making the narrow incision on my left wrist was instantaneous, but it was short lived. It wasn't long before waves of panic overwhelmed me, wracking my body with uncontrollable tremors. 

"I hate myself!" I cried, pulling at the bleached ends of my hair, still shaking  violently.

I reached for the multitool that I had dropped on the ground to cut again, but the sound of the front door being opened made me freeze in my tracks. 

I could hear soft footsteps ascending the stairs, getting progressively closer to my room. I was just beginning to hyperventilate when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Q, are you in there? Quinton?"

"Shit." I muttered quietly, quickly throwing my multitool as well as a few stray clothing items in my closet.

"Baby," Bryce called, "It's just me. Can I come in?"

"Y-yeah," I stuttered out, still working to regain my composure. "C-come in." 

Bryce opened the door, his face lighting up with joy as soon as his eyes met mine.

"Well hello, beautiful!" He cooed, lifting me up into his arms and kissing my face repeatedly. 

I giggled, somewhat nervously, and tugged my shirt sleeve over my forearm. "Hi bubs." 

Bryce set me down and sat on my bed. He extended his arms towards me, pouting slightly.

"Sit with me?" 

I laughed, jumping into Bryce's lap, "Of course, bubba."

Without realizing it I began to fidget with my shirt sleeve, running my fingers over my fresh cut. I sighed and cuddled closer to Bryce, who was lazily carting his hand through my hair. 

He must have sensed my shift in demeanor because he immediately tightened his grip on my waist, and bent down to kiss my freckled cheek.

"Is everything alright, Q?" Bryce asked, a look of concern adorning his features.

"I'm okay." I replied, trying not to let the sadness seep through my voice.

"I think you’re lying to me." Bryce said, moving to kiss my neck, my biggest weakness. 

I blushed and attempted to push Bryce's head away, to no avail. He chuckled at my resistance before lifting my shirt to rub my stomach gently. 

"Bryce," I whined. "Stahhpp!"

Bryce smiled, and grabbed my chin, tilting my head up to face him. "You know you love it, baby boy." 

I pouted and crossed my arms. "Do not!"

"Fine, then tell me what’s wrong." 

My hand instinctively traveled to my shirt sleeve, and I looked down in shame.

"Oh baby," Bryce said sadly, "Did you cut again?" 

I nodded as silent tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Oh you're okay, Quin, you're okay, baby boy." Bryce cooed, hugging me tightly to his chest.

"I hate myself!" I sobbed. 

Bryce frowned and kissed my temple. "Don't say that, Q! You're perfect! I don’t think I'd even be here without you, angel."

I looked up at Bryce and he planted a tender kiss on my lips, causing me to blush and smile slightly.

"There's the Q I love to see." Bryce teased, smirking.

"Hehe, I love you." I giggled. "Thank you for making bad days a little better." 

"I love you too, baby. Just doing my job." 

I blushed shyly and nuzzled my nose into Bryce's neck. 

He smiled down at me with a look of pure adoration in his eyes, and hugged me closer to him.

"Why don’t you take a little nap, bubba?" Bryce suggested. "I bet you're  tired."

"Sounds good." I replied yawning, confirming Bryce's assumption.

"Goodnight, Brybry."

"Goodnight, baby boy."

It wasn't long before I drifted off into a peaceful slumber, enveloped in Bryce's warm embrace.