Acceptance

Ghost and Shadow are two separate spy organizations that compete against each other. The leader of Ghost is Midas, a wealthy, good-looking, intelligent man. The leader of Shadow is Chaos Agent, a man who conducts various scientific experiments and research. Which side am I on, you ask? I am on Shadow's side.

Many women are head over heels about Midas, but I'm not like them. I just dream about the look on his face when he confronts the superior force. How utterly helpless he'll look. His devastation is my happiness.

. . .

On my way to work today, I notice something different. The henchman is going awful slow letting people enter. Usually it's faster than this, there's a line of about seven people. I park my car in the parking garage and head to the line. When it's my turn the henchman asks for my ID, I rummage in my bag to find it but no luck, "Ma'am I need your identification, unless you want me to shoot." He says while holding up his pistol at my forehead.

"Damn it! I forgot it. Let me go get it, it's in my car." I say awkwardly.

He must be a newbie, I mean I don't recognize his voice. I know all the henchmen here and they know me. Aha! Here it is! I rush back to the now only two people line. "Hello again, here is my ID." I say. He inspects it and then tells me to stand still. "Hey are you new around here, dude?" I say, while he is checking for any weapons beside Shadow weapons. "Yes, this is actually my first day here." He says. "Looks like you're good to go."

"Say what's your name, mine is y/n."

"The name's Henri West, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Henri."

When I enter the Shadow headquarters, Carlos the henchman comes up to me, "The boss would like to see you in his office." He says. I nod.

I go into the elevator and choose the 5th floor button. When the doors open, I head to the office nodding and waving at henchmen and fellow agents as I go. I scan my ID keycard and into the office I go. He's sitting in the direction of the window. "Hello sir, I was told you would like to speak to me." Chaos Agent turns around from his leather black chair.

"Hello y/n. I have a very important mission in store for you. You must join Ghost to spy on them and bring back the information to me as a double agent. You get to see Midas' failed plans, are you up for it. You're perfect for the job."

"Hell yes!"

"Great well then, don't get too excited yet because there's a whole process. First you have to fill out the application, they have to read it, then they have to get your keycard and mail a letter. So...you'll have to wait about four to six weeks for your mission to officially start."

Dang it. "The struggle is so unbearable right now! But I will hold it. If you don't need anything else, then I'll be heading out."

As I walk out the office another person, who I've never seen before, enters. She had two braids, lots of tattoos, and ocean blue eyes. Interesting.

A henchman, known by the name of Eric, is guarding the door of the security room, if I know correctly the person in charge of security has a break at 12:30 P.M. It is currently 11:23 A.M. So looks like I can't go in right now. Let me come up with an excuse.

I go up to Eric, "Hello there Eric." I say.

"Hello y/n. What are you up to?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering if I could have a talk with Devan. I have something to tell him."

"What do you have to tell him, that is so important?"

"Well, I need the password for computer 83-1. I need to fill in an application." This is true, I need the password but Devan isn't the person to be asked for a code.

"Why won't you ask the pass code manager?"

"I can't seem to find her so I need Devan to check the cameras."

He hesitates for a moment."Okay you may pass." He scans his keycard and lets me in. Devan is startled to see me.

"Hey y/n what are you doing here?" He says surprised.

"Well I need a pass code, but I can't seem to find Lila. And I was hoping you could help me find her."

"Sure thing." He looks through the rooms on one of the many screens. I in the while look around for the boss's room. After a few seconds I find it.

"Hey who's this? I don't recognize her." I question.

"Oh. She's an ally, goes by the name of Jules. I would tell you more about her but it's strictly prohibited." Great. Luckily I got her name and what she is to the organization. You can't always get the information you want so easily. "Oh there she is! On the second floor talking to others." Devan says.

"Thanks Devan." I smile at him and then wave.

. . .

I got the pass code from Lila, now I need to go to the computer room. I seat myself where 83-1 is at and start filling out the application. I specifically need this computer because Ghost can track down where the device used to fill the application. If I were to use any other computer the mission would have been failed instantly but this one is fully locked so not a single soul can hack it. I now continue filling out the application.

. . .

After a long wait of four and a half weeks, an envelope was sent to my house from the agency. I was accepted!

I jump excitedly up and down. Finally! The first day is two days from now. Looks like the time has come.