The Mastermind's Plan

Midas POV
I take my items and head to the Grotto. As I'm walking towards my car I feel a gush of wind, I look up. "What are you doing here! There's a mission you know!" I call out to the agents landing on the helipad.

Wait...Cris? The teenage boy has tears filling his eyes. I go up to him, "Cris what are you doing and are you alright?" I ask.

"Chaos Agent has y/n. And it's all my fault." more tears slide down his face. What?

"What do you mean? That can't be."

"Midas I'm sorry but it's the truth." Hugo says.

"No, no, no, no! Not again!" I mumble to myself. "What happened during the mission!" I snap at everyone.

"Midas, Cris got kidnapped by Chaos and so y/n took action. She took a bullet from Cris and she made a deal with Chaos Agent." Drift confesses.

"Why didn't you stop her!" I yell at them.

"There was no way to stop her. She was too filled up with rage." Hugo says.

"Yeah, but the thing is that I heard Chaos say that y/n hasn't been doing her job. What's that all about?" Skye inquires.

Oh god. "Time to tell you the truth. Y/n was a double agent of Shadow. Her job was to send our secret information to them. Recently she hasn't been doing as told so kidnapping Cris was probably her punishment." I say.

"Well Chaos did say something about punishment." Journey recalls.

"But why did he let Cris go just like that. Maybe there's something more to it...." I grab my items and head to my car. "Nobody follows. I'll deal with this myself." And so I head to the Grotto.
...
As I enter the Grotto, the storm is coming in at a fast pace so no one notices me enter. They're all panicking since they heard the alarm. Nice job Midas. Oh god now they had too much of a panic.

I see the dead bodies lying down the floor. Wait...Chaos didn't. No he wouldn't kill y/n. Even more bodies appear and the bloody path leads me to a room.

I hide behind the door and peek out to the sight of something unimaginable. A demon like creature sits on a throne, eating a henchman. The throne is made out bloody thorn vines, the creature then throws the henchman across the room and screeches.

I then notice liquid coming out from the creature's eyes, which glowed when digesting the human skin. The creature almost seems distressed. But why?

What is it? The monster has long limbs. Its ribs appear to be showing and thorns poke out of its skin. The liquid is sliding down its eyes as if it were crying.

Chaos Agent was behind this. This is y/n. She's the deadly creature. "Midas. Come here, I'd like you to meet someone." Jules calls to me from the room.

Crap! How did I not notice her! She was behind this too. I go into the room and y/ n's eyes glows. She pulls out her claws when I come up to Jules. "Calm down now, he can't hurt you. I'm here." Jules says her words coarsely.

"What did you do to her?" I ask.

"Nothing, just made a little tweaks and yeah." She replies. I then notice y/n's locket and ring.

"Why do you have that."

"Oh these worthless pieces of gold? Well since you broke y/n's heart, I'm keeping these. She doesn't want your gifts or your love. She doesn't want anything to do with you."

"She's not heartbroken. I love her and she knows that." I say and y/n's eyes glow once more. Jules then throws the jewelry on the ground.

"What a dumbass. Well storm's catching in, gotta go." She runs towards the door, "Have fun sweetie!" She calls out to y/n and locks the door.