Valentino

Credit to Andy Fox for the art

Midas and Jules are the children of Delilah and Vincent Valentino. The Valentino's were one one of the world's richest families, Vincent as a businessman and Delilah being a model.

As a child Midas was curious and troublesome and Jules was calm and clever. Midas and Jules were both physically and emotionally abused by their parents. Although, Jules was treated better because of her academical achievements.

You see Vincent and Delilah weren't The best parents. They got annoyed of their children and commanded the servants to take care of them. When they had time for them they would yell at every little thing. Midas was the one mostly affected by this.

...

There was a secret vault in the mansion where the Valentino's lived. The parents would tell the siblings to not go near it, they obeyed until one night. Midas heard a loud sound and got up from bed, he went towards the sound and ended up in front of the vault.

Inside he could see his parents and other masked men. They were carrying big bags full of money and were setting it down in piles. His father then notices him and says, "Midas what are you doing?" Midas doesn't respond and then his mother kneels down to him.

A small bit of blood is smeared on her cheek, "Honey you shouldn't be in here." She then says more coarsely, "Now get the hell out." Midas stays put still wondering why his parents are so secretive.

"Mom? Dad? What is this place for?" The five year old asks. Vincent grabs a whip and hits the child with it. Midas cries and goes back to bed.

...

Whenever one of the siblings misbehaved they were grounded and locked up in a room for a whole day without any food. Midas spent many days here even when he did nothing to deserve it. Isolation made him antisocial and depressed so he didn't have much friends.

Happiness was a rare thing for Midas, a thing few people could give him. The siblings then met their step brother Redux for the first time and Midas was filled with joy. Redux was a nice person unlike everyone else. Jules actually bullied Midas although she was two years younger.

Midas and Redux became best friends and so did Jules with Redux. They usually fought over their brother when he came over.

Jules was eight when she started becoming obsessed with winning. She started cheating in competitions and forcing people to do as she says. Jules was an angel on the outside but a demon in the inside. Midas knew that but the parents were too naive.

...

Midas was twelve and Jules was ten when the parents came clean about their jobs. Vincent was secretly a narc and Delilah was a con artist. They also told them that they never actually fell in love, they're just using each other.

And after that confession the siblings were trained just in case they wanted to join the business. Vincent taught them how to conceal emotion, get out of traps, and fighting. He would beat the heck out of his children until they fell to the ground. This caused Jules to become basically immune to pain. While this worsened Midas' depression, it made him stronger.

Delilah taught them stealth, cons, and robbing techniques. Both Jules and Midas were skillful at this so sometimes their parents would send them on missions.

...

At the age of thirteen, Midas was sick of his family so he joined a gang and spent much time away from home. He broke laws and Redux tried multiple times to get him out but Midas wouldn't listen. Midas later on became the gang leader since he was intelligent and skilled.