For Eternity

I take a breath of the fresh air on this beautiful day. The sun is shining brightly, the sweet sound of the ocean's waves. So relaxing. I take a bite of my sweet and tart lemon meringue pie.

Yummy. Right sweetie? I say to the child inside of me.

I lick my fingers, "We sure are getting close -Argh!" A burning headache hits me and I crash onto the floor. Cris comes to me concerned but the same happens to him. "Cris!"

In a matter of seconds everyone is hit with a blast of pain so big.
"1,784!" I hear faintly.

"Ah! What the hell is this?" Redux says trying to get a hold of the wheel. I curl myself into a ball and that's when I hear a faint voice.

"Y/n! 1,783 times you-" It cuts and my brain hurts even more. That number I-I. "The loop- too strong for us t-" Ah!

The voice becomes clearer now, "Zero Point-" Midas? "I love you." His voice says and my headache fades away. Tears come out of me as I try to comprehend what just happened.

I get up and take deep breaths. I lean against the railing drying off my eyes, "I heard Midas." I say.

"Wait you heard him too?" Drift asks surprised, "I thought it was just me."

"I heard my brother as well and he said something I've never heard of. Y/n do you know what it is?" He questions.

"Well I heard him say Zero point and I just know the basic theory. Apparently it's some sort of energy more powerful than anything in this world. A while back I heard Deadpool say that this energy would help Midas with his plan."

"But how did he do that?" Cris asks.

"Who knows." Drift replies.
...
1 hour later
As I step onto the ground of Spawn Island I get an eery feeling again. It's all foggy around and I could almost see the figures of people in it.

We all split up in different directions to find Midas. Alright the search is on.

I look around and a familiar face appears, "Lynx?" I ask the cat girl. "What are you doing here?"

She turns around and looks at me confused, "Lynx? I'm not Lynx, I'm Vix." She says and crosses her arms.

"Lynx I know it's you. Quit the act." I say but she just doesn't listen.

"I don't even know who you are. And what are you talking about? Oh- there's my bus. Time to go." She runs towards the blue bus but I stop her.

"Just one question." I pull out a picture of Midas, "Have you seen him?" I question.

"Hm. No." She says and hops into the blue school bus. I sigh and continue searching.

Everyone here are either ghost or memory wiped. I try to ask the other entities around but they keep fleeing. Ugh. The luck I got.
...
After several hours of searching, the sun starts to set and I'm just about to throw the towel. I sit down on a bench and stare at the water in front of me.

I could see my reflection on the mirror like substance. Then my face disappears and something happens. A little boy is seen in the water.

The boy is crying in a stone walled room with chains hanging. A man wearing a suit approaches him and he flinches. He sobs and the man hits him with a bat aggressively.

Bruises and blood from onto the child's skin until.....nothing. I read up at the sight. The boy is beaten up and left to die. Why would someone do that?

The images fade away and it is back to me. I then hear a quiet sob, I turn around and can't believe it.

"That's painful. Why? I could almost feel it." Cries Midas. His hair is messed up, his shirt and pants are ripped. I stand and hug him tightly.