one

"Ushari, now!" Scar screamed.

The serpent jumped from beneath the hot volcanic surface, his fangs injecting their poison deep into Kion's flesh. Too deep.

"Kion!" Fuli yelled as he fell to the floor away from Ushari who had fallen into the flames upon impact.

Even though Scar had just lost his most faithful follower, he continued to laugh. "Well, well, well, lion guard. Looks as though this plan worked out better than I had hoped for!" He said. "Kion will be dead within the day and nothing will stop me from taking back what is rightfully mine!"

"Not just yet, Scar." A distant voice boomed from up above. Everyone looked up in wonder at the three figures in the clouds who had just appeared.

"Mufasa! Father, Mother!" Scar yelled out in surprise. "It- it can't be..."

"Go back to Hell, Scar, before we make you!" Mufasa comanded and Ahadi nodded in agreement. Uru watched in silence, her cloudy eyes filled with grief.

"Or what?" Scar asked spitefully. "You'll come down here and chase me off? Well, my dear family, I hate to-"

"Please, Taka," Uru spoke for the first time, her voice soft and gentle yet stern. For a moment, the lion guard thought the tyrant would listen, but yet again they thought wrong.

"I'm not Taka. That lion is dead." He said simply. The old queen looked away sadly, knowing what was to come.

"Very well, brother." Mufasa sighed. With a large thunderbolt and a lightning strike cutting through the clouds, the rain began to pour down as though there was a bucket full of water being tipped over the edge of the heavens, and with one last cut-wrenching scream, the tyrant was gone.

"We won." Bunga said to no one in particular.

"We did, Little B." Beshte agreed with a smile.

"Guys!" Fuli called out from the ledge where she lay beside Kion. "What are we going to do?"

Ono flew down and landed next to the feline pair. "We have to get him back to Pride Rock."