five

12 years later.

"Come on, Fuli!" Kiara giggled, dragging Fuli out to the centre of the dance floor.

"No, Kiara, you know I don't dance." Fuli complained, bur had a huge smile on her face anyway.

"Fuli, you're my best friend and its my wedding night! You can't not dance with me!" Kiara laughed, starting to dance around Fuli. The cheetah stood and watched her, trying to hide a laugh that crept up her throat.

"Exactly!" Fuli said. "It's your wedding night! You should be dancing with your husband!"

"Who? Kovu?" Kiara joked sarcastically. "It's a lot more fun to see you like this."

"Like what?" Fuli asked, feigning shock.

"Trying to hide your enjoyment!" Kiara smiled.

Fuli rolled her eyes and her smile broadened. "Whatever you say, Kiara."

"Come on, Fuli, seriously! Live a little! All you do is work, why don't you just take one night off?"

"Because it's my job, princess." Fuli retaliated, giving her friend a wink.

Kiara rolled her eyes. "One night." She begged.

Fuli sighed before nodding, already regretting her decision as Kiara squealed with excitement, dragging her off into the larger crowds.

It had been a year since the Pride Lands-Outlands war had finally ended, and the Pride Lands were prospering under the unision. The Pride Guard had been especially busy these days with the dry season approaching quickly. They also hadn't seen Jasiri or Janja since they had their own pups together only a few months ago.

As for the others, everything remained almost the same, but at the same time, everything was different to what it had been thirteen years ago.

***

"Hey Bunga!" Fuli called, running up to the honey-badger once she had managed to get away from Kiara and the other lionesses.

Bunga turned around and grinned. "Fuli, I saw you dancing! Great moves." He teased.

"Shut up, Smelly." Fuli said with an eye-roll.

"Hey! Believe it or not, I took a bath today!"

Fuli raised a brow, unbelieving.

"It's the truth!"

"Fine, fine!" She chuckled. "What are you doing here anyway? Weren't you staying with the guard for the evening patrol?"

"I did. And I was there." Bunga stated matter-of-factly. "But Hatari was driving me crazy! I just can't-"

"You're one to talk, Bunga." Fuli laughed and Bunga huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

Bunga had never liked Hatari, the leopard, ever since he first joined the guard. It was understandable at first, but to this day, Fuli still assumes it was the same reason.

"Yeah, yeah, Fuli. At least I was there for a while, wasn't I? Besides, I thought you would need someone you know here."

"Excuse me? I know everyone here."

"True, but you're only friends with a few. And clearly they're busy, cause you're here with me." The honey-badger retaliated, causing Fuli to roll her eyes again.

"Psh, whatever you say, Bunga." Fuli chuckled.

Suddenly, a loud roar filled their ears. Everyone stopped dead and looked at the direction it came from, seeing a large, unknown lion standing in the shadows. His fur was a reddish-brown color and his mane was jet black. He had three scars running from his snout across his lip to his chin, his eyes dark red and a familiar stripe making its way down his back.