𝖎𝖛. I Was Busy Thinkin 'Bout

𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖇𝖚𝖘𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓 '𝖇𝖔𝖚𝖙
i was busy thinkin 'bout
volume ii, chapter iv

( boys! )

❄️🦋💦

         OK, SO MAYBE AKIARA'S KINDA HAVING A LITTLE BIT OF AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS... but can you really blame her? There's so many reasons to be having one right now. For starters, there's the whole Hundred Years' War, which, y'know, sucks. At least she's trying to end it, though. That's nice. Then there's the prophecy. She's not really a fan of it. Duh. But — as you're already well aware of — she accepted it like, ages ago. (A week, really, but OK, whatever.) And isn't that like, the last stage of grief, or something? Which is good. Yay, Akiara!

Things will work out, anyway. Probably. Hopefully. Right?

(Right?)

But, as usual, she's got more problems and the other big cause of her existential crises — because actually there's more than one, and isn't that neat? — has been handed to her in the smoldering form of the Prince of the Fire Nation. To be more specific, she's being haunted by him. Which is not cool. Definitely not cool. Because uh, she's only ever seen him once. And so the whole dreaming about him thing? That makes her feel like a total creep. And there's also the whole question of why. Because, y'know, she's literally only met him once. And they kinda sorta technically tried to kill each other...

     Ugh, that boy!

     But it's fine. It's fine. Everything's totally great.

     I mean, she still hasn't run into his royal jerk-ness. After she left the swamp with Aang, Katara, and Sokka, they all ended up on Kyoshi Island. Which wasn't spectacular, but she's starting to realize that things never are no matter where they go.

Mainly it's because Aang got arrested for something one of his past lives did — and, by the way, Avatar Kyoshi was a total badass — and his attempt to prove his innocence was pretty questionable. During the trial, he was totally clueless. Akiara even mouthed for him to say not guilty and then he went and said bot silky! But then Kyoshi possessed him and pretty much admitted to the crime. So. (It was totally badass though!)

But they got out of there. Aang did community service as his punishment — pretty easy punishment for literal murder, but hey! Akiara's not complaining — and they were free to continue their trek through the Earth Kingdom.

Which has brought them to this small village with a totally great shopping scene.

And for Akiara, it's an add to the cart kinda day.

Apparently Sokka's on the same wavelength, though. Because they've been standing at one stall for what feels like ages, gathered around a green bag with a shoulder strap as Sokka debates whether he should or shouldn't get it. In Akiara's opinion, it's ugly, but she's only going to think it and not say it because she's not an asshole.

"It's pricey," says Sokka slowly, eying it. "But I really do like it."

"Then you should get it," Katara says. "You deserve something nice."