A Very Merry Christmas ☆ A Fairy Tail Story

Hey there minna! So Kaya-chan's here with a Christmas special for all my darlings! <3 I'd like to dedicate this to all my dear readers for this fun and eventful year, and that you guys support my works! <3 Arigato ne, minna! :3 

So here you go. Enjoy, dears! :D

~>*<~

Out in the busy streets of Magnolia, snow was falling at a gentle pace. Children's laughter filled the air as the smells of hot chocolate and Christmas pudding wafted up to the noses of starving passerbys.

Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in Fiore or maybe the whole world, was not to be outdone. The Strauss siblings, Makarov, Laxus and a few other guild mates were decorating the halls with wreaths of holly and garlands. Seeing that Evergreen was unable to reach the garlands, Elfman lifted her onto his shoulders, both with small smiles and burning cheeks. Mirajane, however, was trying to get everyone into the Christmas mood by setting Christmas soundtracks, but Laxus infuriated her by tuning in to Christmas pop and rock and looking coolly at a pillar in a far corner of the guild. Romeo and Wendy helped out by decorating the Christmas tree and handing out hot chocolate to the grown-ups. Everyone was pretty much excited to celebrate Christmas again.

Meanwhile, in a certain blonde's apartment, a certain dragon slayer and a blue Exceed were troubling Lucy Heartfilia very badly indeed.

"Oh my God!" Lucy tore at what was left of her hair. She was too tired to even reprimand herself from cussing. "Natsu, don't you go thinking you can get anywhere with that Christmas cake! And Happy, stop licking the stripes off my candy-cane decorations!"

Both stopped their actions abruptly, Happy with his long pink tongue glued directly onto one of the peppermint canes. "Aww, but Wushii..." He detached himself from the cane and hung it on her six-foot-tall Christmas tree. Natsu frowned, the white Christmas cake in his hands. "But Luce, I need it," he started, but Lucy cut him off. "No means no, Natsu!" Her voice was firm and stern, not her usual out-of-anger tone.

Natsu pouted, but since Lucy's slogan was practically "do or die", he had no choice but to obey. He set it down on the table, went to the corner and sulked.  "Sheesh, not like I was going to eat it..." he muttered under his breath. Okay, maybe he would, but just a teensy little slice... the rest would definitely go to—

"Natsu, come over here a minute!" Lucy called, interrupting his thoughts. "I need help with this... urgh!" She tried desperately to take off one of the ornaments hanging on her tree. Natsu sighed, stepped over and simply plucked it off the branch. "Here," he said, dangling it in front of her face uninterestedly. "Can we go shopping, Luce?"

The blonde's eyes widened gradually. "You...you want to go sh-shopping? Why?"

He shrugged casually. "So what? There are a few things I'd like to pick up..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

Lucy continued staring at him as if he was some kind of alien from outer-space. "O-Okay," she replied shakily. "Give me a few minutes." Hanging the last decoration on her tree, she grabbed some clothes from her closet and locked herself in the bathroom. Natsu beamed, and grabbed Happy as he wound his tongue around another candy cane. "Come on, Happy. We gotta come back later."

~>*<~

Minutes later, Lucy stepped out of her bathroom, trying to feel as fresh as she looked. She was wearing a oversized red jumper and black tights, with a piece of holly in her side ponytail. She sighed and stepped into black leather boots. 

"Ready?" 

Lucy whirled around and let her jaw drop open. There was Natsu, clad in his scarf, black jeans and an oversized red jumper that strangely looked exactly like her own.