07. jealous - labrinth

“ADDISOOOON!!! DIXIIEEEE!!!” Avani shouted from outside our room.

“Ugh.” I complained as I was doing my homework.

I opened the door to let her come in. She looked at me, annoyed. I just laughed at her face.

“What do you want?” I asked as I went back to my desk.

“Im hungry. Let's eaaaat!” she whined.

“Ugh actually me too.” I said standing up, fixing my stuff.

“Hey where are you guys going?” Dixie asked coming out from the bathroom.

“To eat.” Avani answered simply.

“Are you done with your homework?” Dixie asked pertaining to Addison.

“I'll finish it later when we come back.”

“Alright, I'll help you with that.” she said. I just nodded and smiled at her.

It's been actually a month, and a half since I let Dixie go and just let Griffin start their love story again.

———

They went to the nearby mall and chose to eat at McDonald's. Addison was the one who ordered their food, while Avani and Dixie waited at the table.

“So Dixie, how's Griffin?”

“Yeah, ok, I guess? Well, he hasn't officially asked me or anything, but he has been sending feelers and stuff. He's nice, still.”

“Nice? and cute? Hahaha” Avani teased, and Dixie blushed.

“Do you still like him? Or atleast does he still have a chance with you?”

“Yeah a part of me is interested, somehow.”

“Good! So you wouldn't mind that I told him that he can join us for lunch?”

“Avani! Oh my gosh, why'd you do that?!”

“Well, he's been bothering me for quite a while now to help him. And he is becoming pesky, so I'm passing him on to you so that he'll leave me alone.”

Addison arrived at the table and put down the tray of food. She started fixing Dixie's food and noticed her somber mood. “What did I miss?”

“Dixie has a date,” Avani teased. Dixie rolled her eyes and threw a fork at Avani.

“Hey you two, no violence.” Addison sat beside Dixie “with whom and when?”

“Right now,” Avani stood up and waived at Griffin, “hey, griffin, right here!”

Dixie forced herself to smile and Avani signalled Addison to move beside her so that Griffin can sit beside Dixie. Addison was confused with the turn of events and was a bit irritated.

“Hi girls! Dixie...” he said, handing Dixie roses.

“Do you have anything to do this afternoon Dixie?”

“Nope, not really.”

“Would you want to watch a movie then?”

“Well, Addison and I have something to do, right Addie?” Avani said, nudging Addison, “you two can go ahead if you want.”

“Dixie?” Griffin asked, waiting for her answer. She looked at Addison.

“But Dixie, weren't you supposed to help me with my homework?”

“I can help you with that,” Avani interpreted.

“Vani, you don't even know what our homework is about.”

“Addie, dont worry, as long as Dixie gets back in time for your deadline, I'll be able to help you a little.” Addison slouched on her chair defeated.

“So, I guess, it's ok?” Griffin asked Dixie tentatively. Dixie nodded, and all four of them stood up to leave.

Dixie hugged Addison, “I'll see you later, take care.” and Addison just mumbled “bye.”

———

While driving back to the house, Avani was talking about how cute Griffin and Dixie were on their first date, Addison however, seemed to be lost in her own thoughts.

“What's your problem?”

“Nothing,” Addison said and as she went down the car and kicked a stone on her path. It went flying into a trajectory and almost hit a car.

“Someone's angry.”

“Well, who wouldn't be? You just set up our bestfriend with a guy you barely know. Who do you think you are, a PIMP! And a movie! Really Avani?! What if he attempts to kiss Dixie?” Addison was wringing her hands together and stomping her feet with her every step. “God, we're so stupid! We shouldn't have left her with him!” and Addison turned around attempting to run back to the car and drive back to the mall.

“Woah, woah, hold it.” Avani grabbed Addie's hand and lead her to sit on one of the benches.

“Sit,” Avani said, patting the bench. Addison complied and sat down, with her chin on her hands.

“What's really bothering you?”

“I don't even know!” Addison stomped her feet, placed her hands on her lap, and slammed her head on it.

“You don't know, or you don't want to know? You think I haven't noticed now the both of you treat each other? It seems like everyone around you knows the answer, except you.”

“Shut up Avani,” Addison said, still in her position earlier. “I'm still mad at you.”

“Or are you mad at yourself?” Avani paused, knowing that it was pointless to talk to Addison now, considering her temper. Standing up, Avani touched Addie's shoulder, “Don't thank me now, but believe me, I did this for the both of you.” and she left.

Addison's mood still hasn't changed through the rest of the day. She still ignored Avani when she was asking if she still needs help for her homework.

Addison's mind was still somewhere else, that she forgot that she carelessly opened the cabinet door, sending books and some of her stuff crashing towards her. She screamed and managed to avoid most of the falling items, except for one that hit her squarely on her forehead.

“Addison!” Avani shouted and ran immediately to Addison. She pushed the debris away to get Addie out from underneath. “Are you hurt?”

Addison sat on the floor, with her knees bent as she hugged it and placed her head on top. She started crying. Avani held her and rocked her gently.

“Vani I think I'm in deep shit.” Her sobs wrecking her chest, as she felt her whole body shaking.

For the first time, she was confronted with questions she's long refused to answer. And it felt like being drenched in cold water. It scared the hell out of her.

And in that room she let out through her tears, where her words failed her.