11. runaway - the corrs

“Yeah, I'll make sure she'll be there at 8pm.”

End call.

Addison is at their room while Dixie was out with some friends. She rubbed her forehead and her temples as she felt an impending headache.

How did you get yourself in this situation Addison?

She slumped on her chair.

You should get used to it now Addison. It's been four months and you should get used to the feeling of waking up beside her and knowing that you don't have the right to hold her.

Avani walked inside of Addison's room. “Everything set for tonight?”

“Yeah, just make sure she comes Vani.”

Time check: 7pm

Avani and Dixie were in the bathroom at the restaurant they just ate at. The other members already walked their way home as the restaurant was just a few blocks away from their house.

“Dixie be faster! I wanna go home already and rest.”

“Go ahead then, I can take care of myself.” Dixie went out the cubicle.

“No, come on.”

When they were already out, Avani immediately pulled Dixie to another direction.

“Let's pass by here, I wanna take the long cut.”

“Are you high? Earlier you told me that you wanna go home to rest.” Dixie said and went to the original path.

“Oh no you don't.” Avani pulled Dixie by the ear.

“Ow ow ow! okay fine. No need to be violent,” Dixie said following Avani, holding her throbbing ear.

As they continued walking, Dixie knew that they were gonna pass by her and Addison's secret garden.

Our secret garden. We haven't been there for four months since that day. And after that, things haven't been the same for Addison and Dixie. “I miss her.”

Dixie must've been distracted as she didn't notice that Avani was no longer with her.

“Avani, not funny okay! It's honestly creepy. Vani!!!”

Then a voice behind her came,

“You made it.”

“Addison.. What are you doing here.”

Addison motioned Dixie to follow her. Dixie knows this path by heart, even with her eyes closed or in the dark, she would find her way to this place. In the same way she blindly wondered here finding Addison that day.

Walking forward, Dixie saw a picnic set up. A blanket, pillows, a food basket, and even wine. The place was surrounded with candles. There was soft music played on an ipod dock, which in the moment was playing “Runaway”

Say it's true, there's nothing like me and you
Not alone, tell me you feel it too
And I would runaway
I would runaway, yeah
I would runaway
I would runaway with you

'Cause I have fallen in love
With you, no never have
I

'm never gonna stop falling in love, with you

“Addison, what...” Dixie looked around and everything was making her stomach filled with butterflies. This is the kind of romantic she has always dreamed of. She could feel her heart beat faster and her hands were sweating. Her knees were going weak, and she couldn't come to speak any coherent sentences.

Addison held Dixie's hands and looked in each other's eyes. And in that moment, both of them wished that they could stay in that moment forever.

“Dixie, you're the most amazing person I have ever met. You're smart, caring, gorgeous— a complete package. Any person would be lucky to have you and call you their own.”

Addison kissed Dixie's cheeks, “close your eyes and count to 10,” whilst still holding Dixie's hands.

Dixie smiled as she followed. She silently counted and was excited as she anticipated for the surprise.

“6...7...8...9...10!”

Dixie opened her eyes and right in front of her was a banner saying “I love you, Dixie. Will you be my girlfriend?” And standing before her holding a bouquet of her favorite white roses.

“Griffin?...”

———

“Close your eyes and count to 10.” Addison instructed Dixie. Each passing second, she smiled seeing Dixie smile. Cherishing the last moments that she has Dixie. Addison started to walk backwards, slowly letting go of Dixie's hands. Just a few more seconds, just a last glimpse. That's all.

Griffin came out of the place where Addison instructed him to hide.

“Thank you, Addison. I owe you big time.”

Just make her happy, Griffin.

I promise.

Griffin then went to his position in front of Dixie where Addison was standing earlier.

7...8...9...10!

And there, she finally done it. Addison had officially let go of Dixie to end her own pain. She knew that this is the only way that she could get over Dixie. To see her happy in the arms of someone, to receive the love I can't give.

If I can't be her happines, atleast I can be the reason for her happines.

Addison started to walk to the direction of the house. With every heavy step, making it hard for her to walk.

And for the last time, she turned around to see Dixie, the love of her life, with Griffin, eating and talking happily.

She looked at the two with her eyes brimming with tears.

Addison closed her eyes and sighed, making her tears fall. And as she opened her eyes again, she finally saw the happiness when Dixie is with Griffin.

She nodded her head, and gathered all her strength to smile.

“Take her to the moon for me... okay?”

Addison whispered in thin air like talking to Griffin.

Her tears won't stop from falling.

And with that, she turned around and continued walking to the Hype House.