36. a thousand years - christina perri

No one could have written our story better than fate itself. 2 innocent teens wandering through life, being led straight to a love that they were both so naive to recognize. Longing for true love, yet being too blind to see the great love that was right in front of them. Of years of heart aches and tears, of pain whispered to the wind to be carried out to obscurity. And finally, of love revealed, only to be cut short by the challenges of life, then to be brought back together again

By FATE

And it is by FATE that I will take this plunge and marry you.

-----

Addi was standing at the balcony of her hotel room, taking a breather, while her whole entourage was noisily drinking and celebrating the last hours of her singlehood. Holding a glass of wine in her right hand, she stretched her left hand in front of her to marvel at her engagement ring. To this day, everytime she sees this ring, she can't help but be misty eyed, as this ring is a reminder of everything that they had to go through to reach this stage. That despite every trial that life decided to throw at them, they kept finding their way toward each other.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice that someone opened the sliding door, until she felt the presence beside her.

"Don't tell me you're thinking of escaping?! Well, as I would be standing as bridesmaid for both of you, that would seriously place me at a conflict of interest if I will help you run." Avani said, looking at Addi with all seriousness.

"But you see, Runaway Bride was one of my favorite movies. So I'm pretty sure we can come up with something to plot your escape." Avani was rubbing her chin, as if she was already devising the plan in her head. "Which should be easy, considering that Dixie is on the other wing of this hotel..."

Addi blurted out laughing and Avani threw her a confused look. Addi tried to swallow her laughter, but failed as Avani looked totally lost.

"First sign of depression, ultimate happiness then a plunge to sadness... Beb, are you having an emotional meltdown?" Avani asked, scratching her head this time.

"Sorry... Beb.." Addi tried to control her laughter to proceed. "Who's thinking of running away? Definitely not me. I'm actually counting the seconds, minutes, and hours til I marry Dixie. 18 hours, 32 minutes and," she checked her watch, "16 seconds."

"Ok.." Avani turned around to face the horizon.

"Someone's in a mood," Addi commented, trying to taunt Avani, but Avani did not respond.

"What's wrong beb? Aren't you happy for us?"

Avani sighed deeply, "I am..."

Addi looked at Avani, waiting for her to continue, but then she noticed Avani sniffle, and then whimper, until she was full on sobbing. She immediately hugged Avani to comfort her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Addi sounded alarmed.

"Sorry, I'm just too emotional. I can't believe that you 2 are finally getting married after EVERYTHING that you've been through..." Avani replied, clutching Addi's shirt, which is now wet from her tears.

Separating from the hug, Avani clutched Addi's head and placed it on her chest, while Addi awkwardly tried to keep steady. "Ah, beb, I can't breath.." Addi pleaded.

Avani let her go, "sorry, sorry, I'm just really happy for you," she said, before bawling in tears again.

"Vanvan, last I checked, I'm the one who's getting married tomorrow. Why are you being the bridezilla?"