27. somewhere only we know - keane

Text from Avani: Sorry Beb, I'm busy today. Can't go with you.

Dixie put down her phone after reading the message and sighed in frustration. This day is turning out from bad to worse, and it's only 9am. She was supposed to go with Griffin today for the wedding preparations -- meni tasting, cake consultation, and meeting for the invitation. Last minute, Griffin was called to work but she couldn't cancel their appointments anymore as it actually took months to get their spot.

She silently cursed in her head as she rubbed her temples. If only people knew how stressful wedding preparations are.. No wonder wedding coordinators are already considered as a career.

Pausing for a moment, she took a deep breath. September 2022, less than 3 months to go before the wedding, before I take the biggest step of my life.

She suddenly felt a chill of panic in her heart. A few months ago, when Griffin asked to marry him, she had no doubts in her heart that she was making the right decision to say YES.

Until recently. What happened?

"Addison happened" said her subconscious mind.

Don't be crazy, I'm over her.

Are you sure?

Yes, it's just normal for me to feel this way, I missed my bestfriend. That's just it.

If you say so.

Shut up.

You have to admit, she looks good though.

She has always been beautiful. That's not even a question.

Don't tell me you're not feeling anything.

I'm not... I don't...

Your choice. Find out before it's too late.

She silenced the debate going on in her head. NO, she is over Addison Rae Lopez Easterling. No matter how her heart still beats out of her chest by the mere fact that she is in the same space as Addi, it is over. These are just remnant emotions, but it doesn't mean that they are still in love with each other.

You never really stop loving someone, you just learn to love them differently.

*** *** ***

Text: Hi, this is my new number - Addison Rae

Addi sent a group message to all of her friends, the first step to reconnecting with her life and the people she left behind when she packed up her bags and left without telling anyone. When she decided to leave, only her family and Bryce knew about her reasons.

And Dixie... The person she loved the most... And hurt the most.

She was suprised when her phone rang soon after her last message.

"Hi Addi! Dixie here."

"Dixie! Hi! What's up?"

"Well, nothing.. Really.."

Addi could sense that something was wrong. This is how Dixie usually sounds when something is bothering her.

"You don't seem ok.."

"Just having a rough day..."

"Dixie, it's only 9am. If you're having a rough day, I don't know how you'll last through the day."

"Haha, you always make me laugh Addi."

"There, see.. Better. So, why are you down?"

"I have a full day of appointments for the wedding preps, and Griffin was suddenly called to work. I don't know how I'll do this alone.."