15. the letter - part 2

Addison parked her car infront of the house. Her hands were shaking and she was trying to calm her nerves. Walking inside the house, to what is now her former room, she knocked before coming in. She knew she had no longer any right to enter the room freely as this is no longer her room. "Come in." she heard Dixie say.

She found Dixie sitting on her study table.

"Dix..." That was all she could say.

Dixie turned around to face Addison, her face immediately breaking into a smile. She stood up from the chair to walk over to Addi, but before she could come closer, Addison dropped the box and the letter on the bed.

This caused Dixie to stop on her tracks.

"When...How..." Dixie asked, color started to drain from her face.

"That's not important Dixie.."

"I'm sorry Addi, please..." Dixie tried to touch Addison.

Addison stepped back, "I want to know Dixie..."

"No, Addi. Just forget what I wrote in that letter. Just give me back the letter and forget what I said." Dixie said pleading.

"What if I... cant?"

"Don't hate me please." Dixie was now close to tears.

"What if I don't wanna forget what you said?"

Through her tears, Dixie lifted her gaze. She was afraid to see disgust and anger in Addi's face.

Staring at Addison, something caught Dixie's eyes. Peeking from Addison's collar and catching the reflection of the sunlight is something that Dixie thought she'd never see again.

"Addi, your necklace..."

———

"Addi, your necklace..."

She touched the pendant on her chest and it felt as if it was burning to her touch.

"Dixie, just tell me one thing.. Are the words written in that letter still true?"

The room was quiet that one could hear the tick-tock of the clock. But in this room, the silence is deafening.

Please don't tell me that I'm too late, Addison silently prayed.

Dixie didn't speak, she just nodded.

Addison stepped closer. She held Dixie's face and gently caressed it, "I love you too, Dixie Jane D'amelio."

To Dixie's suprise, Addi reached up and bridged the last distance between them and kissed her. Chaste at first, but all the feelings of the past years have coursed through that kiss. Separating from the kiss, they put their foreheads together and closed their eyes.

"The answer is almost 8 years late, but I'll take it." And she kissed Addison again.

They stood frozen in that embrace. It is as if their pain 7 years ago was flashing before their eyes in rewind. And with their walls finally broken down, it is as if they were seeing each other in a new light.

"I love you Addison," she paused and smiled at Addi. She can't help it that she's involuntarily smiling. "You don't know how many times I had to stop myself from telling you that."

They laid down on the bed and faced each other. They were just content with just looking at each other, as if getting to know each other all over again.

Dixie reached out to cup Addison's face and Addison closed her eyes and kissed Dixie's palm.

Love is not in our choice but in our fate.

//

hi! hope you liked this chapter. Tell me if you want a more detailed explanation, like a flashback chapter or sumth. Thank you for reading!!

follow my social media:
   insta — marshmellxws
   twitter — daveliesrae