Part 1

Classified Location: 

"I can clearly see it's a hostile threat, I'm not an idiot!" Fury exclaimed, slamming his coffee onto the table. His hands jumped to his face and he held them there for a second- trying to calm down. He was sick of hearing the same thing over and over again without any new information! A rather sheepish agent crept towards his desk cautiously.

"Sorry, Sir." They began, feeling very stupid for her previous remark. 

"It's okay newbie- I shouldn't have snapped" Fury began, sitting up straight and blotting up the puddles of coffee he unintentionally spilt a moment ago. "It's just a very stressful time for everyone here." 

The novice agent slowly sank down into a chair opposite Fury's desk. "What else do we know about this threat, agent?" Fury spoke. "Give me everything you know." The agent gulped back quickly before opening the file.

"So there has been a series of geographical institutes attacked globally." She began. She then slid out some photos of research buildings. Fury takes them and lies them out in a line in front of him, studying them. "They're all highly valued tectonic activity monitoring and research facilities-" She continued. Fury paused for a moment. 

"So somebody wants access to all that information about tectonic activity... Why?" Fury said. The small woman opposite him hesitated before speaking; being sure to think about what she was about to say. 

"The information stolen was specifically related to the location and sizes of magma chambers around the world, and weak spots in our Earth's crust." She spoke. Fury's eyebrows furrowed for a moment, before returning back to their normal position.

"Someone's trying to harness the magma, aren't they?" Fury said, almost monotone.

The agent nodded. "There was also information stolen about magma extraction methods that have not yet been released into the public." She continued. "Sir- we think someone is going to weaponize the lava." 

Fury exhaled and rose from his chair in a huff, walking over to his office window and staring across the city for a second. "They aren't going to be able to control that without safety precautions. I want surveillance on all sizeable water sources- including aquifers- as they're clearly not afraid to look below the surface." Fury ordered, without looking away from the window.

The agent stood up to join him by the window and cleared her throat. "I don't think they're planning on using water mains or aquifers, Sir..." She said sheepishly.  Fury turned to face her quickly before slowly crossing his arms- she had caught his curiosity. 

"What do you mean, Agent..."  He begins, before flicking his eye to her badge "...West." 

"We think they have... Someone... They're planning on using..." She says. 

Fury doesn't move for a moment- stumped by confusion. Agent West watches as the penny slowly drops. 

"You think they have a-" He begins, looking back at the photos of the Avengers beside his pile of plain black coasters on his desk. "An advanced being?" He finishes, struggling over what words to use. 

West nods. Fury walks back to his desk and slumps into the posh, leather chair behind it.

"It's currently only a tip off from a small piece of evidence found at one of the crime scenes but it's the strongest indication we have so far."  West speaks. 

"We have to remove this... Superhero... They possess. We need to do it now." Fury states. "I want them found and I want them brought in. Maybe they'd be willing to co-operate and switch sides. We need as much advanced capabilities to defend the Earth as possible." He continues. Agent West nods.

"I'll send a message out and get everyone looking for them." West says, before heading out of the door.

As the door closes behind her, Fury takes a deep inhale. 'God help us if they have an Avenger-sized weapon.' He thinks, taking a long sip of his now room-temperature coffee.