Part 5

Dahlia's eyes widened. "What do you mean, y/n?" 

I explained what happened to her while she simply sat and listened. I had already told her quite a lot about my past. 

"Why do you think they were after you?" She began. "Do you think it's to do with- you know- the...drugs?" She finished, innocently whispering the last bit; which did make me snigger a bit.

"I don't know..." I replied. "It's the only thing that seems to make sense... But I always kept my hands clean. There was no way someone could trace that back to me now, my old house mate Nixie runs it now." I was so confused. I looked over at Dahlia who looked both confused and concerned. 

"What are you going to do about it?" She said. I shrugged my shoulders. There wasn't anything I could do. We both got up and she gave me a hug. I needed that.  "I don't even want to think about it right now."  I said. She nodded. There was a short period of silence. "Lets go out tonight- get my mind off of it." Dahlia's face lit up at that thought.

"Oh hell yes!" She said with a little fist pump. I let out a little laugh before pulling out my laptop. I guess I was going to finish my ecology introduction online today.

=========

It was dark outside and Dahlia and I were getting all dolled up. I slid on my short, tight blue dress and twirled in the mirror before finishing my third drink of the evening. I could do with some action tonight, if you know what I mean ;) I giggled at the thought and began to apply my makeup with the help of Dahlia. This was going to be a good distraction.

"We're totally getting with people tonight." She said. Wow, it's like she can read my mind! 

We skipped out of our accommodation building excitedly, snapping a selfie together before heading down the alley towards our local club, when we passed a kebab shop. Dahlia stopped outside and eyed up the pizza like an over-excited child. She then turned to me with puppy dog eyes. "Ugh, fiiiiine. Go get your pizza." I said and her face lit up.

"Yes!" She screamed as she ran through the door. A second later she sticks her head back around the door. "You want anything?"  I laughed at her childish excitement. "Chips please" I said and she nodded and disappeared back into the shop. I opened up my phone and just started scrolling through social media while I waited for her to come back. That was until I heard footsteps. 

One of the men from the lecture room earlier started running towards me. I was frozen to the spot. I couldn't move. Suddenly, the other man approached me from behind swinging some sort of metal baton at me, striking me before I could even make a sound or react.

And that's all I remember from that night.