Part 6

Dahlia's POV: 

I paid for our food and skipped back out of the kebab shop. I couldn't see y/n anywhere. I was about to text her when I saw her unconscious on the floor further down the alley. I screamed and ran over to her.

"Y/n? Y/N! Please wake up!" I was shaking her, but she wasn't responding. I checked for her pulse and sighed with relief when I felt her heart beating. I was shaking with shock when I pulled out my phone and dialled 999. I called for an ambulance and they said they'd be 10 minutes. I held onto her hand the whole time, begging her to wake up as tears streamed down my face. I knew people were after her! Why did I leave her alone?! 

I grabbed her bag... Her phone was still there... And her purse... And her keys. Why weren't those taken? But something was missing.... Oh my god! They took her pills. Why? I furrowed my eyebrows; my mind was too preoccupied to think about that right now. I needed to make sure my friend was safe. 

A few moments later the shrill of sirens neared and blue lights came closer and closer. The paramedics jumped out and moved her onto a stretcher and carried her into the back of the ambulance. Everything was a blur- I was in shock at what happened. The ambulance drove off in what seemed like slow motion and peeled out of sight.  

I don't know how long I stood at the end of that road before I headed back to our room, but it was at least an hour... Maybe two. I was too stunned to move. Eventually I decided to go to the hospital. I wanted to be there when she woke up. I wanted her to know she wasn't alone. 

"Hey, I need an uber please...."

========= 

MAUI ISLAND, HAWAII: 

"We've got them boss." One of his minions spoke through the earpiece. He had been waiting to hear those maliciously sweet words for a long time now. But who is he? He rises out of his jet black, leather armchair and steps into the light. He's an older gentleman. His dark hair is beginning to white and wrinkles are now visible in the corner of his eyes. Doctor Raven Daxon; a ladies man indeed. His full head of dark brown/black hair, his tall, muscular frame and his light brown- almost golden- eyes followed by his signature smirk would make anyone weak at the knee. He wasn't a fan of the limelight though. Instead of going around and playing the field, he'd stay in and learn. He is the definition of a sexy nerd.

However, he comes with baggage, I suppose. He opens the window and gazes across the beautiful Hawaiian landscape, taking in the fresh air. By now he knew Nick Fury would be notified of his actions- raiding the research facilities. He was aware that Fury knew his plans to weaponize magma. Fury would not know, however, WHO Daxon will have on his team and HOW he's planning on using them.

Fury also didn't know just how soon Doctor Raven Daxon would be capable of  taking over the world.

And that gave Daxon a pleasurable satisfaction. 

The Doctor sipped his expensive whiskey, watching the volcano slowly smoking in the distance. 'Soon,' he thought. 'Very soon.'