Part 9

I was once again sat on my bed in my dorm. Doing nothing. It'd been a week since the... Incident... But Dahlia kept her word and didn't bring it up again. Today we were going to a small lake nearby just to get some fresh air. I've never been there before, but Dahlia says it's extremely peaceful and not many people know about it. There's something comforting about that. 

We get to the lake at about 6pm with our picnic dinner and lay down a blanket. It's absolutely beautiful here! I sit in awe for a moment at the sight in front of me. The surface of the lake was a dark blue/green... But almost looking purple from the glow of the evening sky above, reflecting in the water. I laid back and deeply inhaled the smell of the fresh outdoors. I feel my entire body become calm as I hear the subtle lapping of the peaceful water a few feet away. I could stay here forever. We begin to eat our food, chatting, laughing, joking and enjoying each others' company until it begins to rain. Of course. We scramble to get all our belongings out of the rain. 

I reach over to pick up the bag and realise... I'm not wet... I'm completely dry. I stop scrambling and start feeling my hair and my clothes, confused out of my mind. "Y/N!" Dahlia shouted. "You fancy helping?! Everything is getting soak-" She stopped talking when she noticed and just walked up to me, feeling my hair and my clothes. 

"What's going on, Dee?" I said, monotone with confusion. She didn't answer straight away. "Y/n, I knew it! You've got powers!" She said excitedly, with a told-you-so attitude. I began to laugh. "I don't, Dee, I must just be under some sort of shelter or something." I said realistically. I began to walk backwards, looking upwards- trying to look for any bit of shelter that would explain why the rain wasn't hitting me. A bunch of leaves... A tree branch- anything! I could hear Dahlia talking, but I tried not to listen. "Y/n you can't just keep blaming this on coincidences! This is real!" She said. I pretended to keep searching, trying to ignore her. "Maybe you should talk to someone about it," She began. I kept ignoring, still walking backwards "I think you should try.... Maybe talking to... I don't know... your mother?"

My focus snapped onto her. "What did you just say?" I questioned. But she wasn't interested in the conversation anymore. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was open. What's going on? I looked behind me. Then to my left. Then to my right. "Dahlia, what's wron- OH MY GOD!" I screamed as I noticed I was stood nearly in the middle of the lake. I was walking... On water? And it felt just like the ground. I knelt down and placed my hands on the lake and I felt an all-too-familiar aura blanket me and out the corner of my eyes I saw straight, blue hair fumble over my shoulders. I looked over at Dahlia. 

There was no denying it anymore. This was real. 

"You're right, Dee." I choked, my eyes welling up. I lifted my hands from the water surface and with them came water, floating. I could bend water.

 "I've got to speak to my mother, haven't I?" I said to her in defeat. She didn't say anything, she only nodded.

I made my way back to the sandbank, walking right across the surface of the lake, my aura fading. I take a deep breath as soon as my feet hit the solid sand and run my hands through my hair; making it turn back to its original state. Dahlia didn't say anything, she just hugged me and said, "I'm here for you, y/n." 

"No matter what." She said. I instantly relaxed into her embrace and sighed. "Thank you." I whispered, a tear rolling delicately down my cheek as I glanced back to the lake where I had just been walking. 

That was the most myself that I had ever felt.