Rivalry

Oga couldn't exactly say when it started to really bother him, but it did. A lot.

"Ah, sorry. I'll be late for dinner again tonight. Professor Doth added more to the project he already assigned. I'm meeting with Miki right now. There're leftovers in the fridge, you just have to make the rice."

Oga gripped his phone so tightly he heard the plastic creak beside his ear.

"Eh? Screw your project! Tch. Fine. Bring snacks when you come home."

"Snacks? There's food at home, and we're on a budget, remember?"
"...And some drinks while you're at it. See you later."

"Hah? Oga wait-!"

Oga threw himself on the couch. Going through their second year at university, Oga didn't think Furuichi's schedule would drastically change. The silvernette still managed to cook, clean and study, but ended up sacrificing time with his brute of a boyfriend as a result. Oga was not pleased.

This professor Hector Doth seemed to be the culprit.

Doth piled on homework and projects that forced Furuichi to shack up in the library rather than at home. What was worse is that something wasn't right about that guy. Oga was able to witness the professor and his strange behavior toward Furuichi on the rare occasion the brunet was able to walk home with the silvernette right after class. Professor Doth was speaking with Furuichi about classwork, but Doth was standing way too close. Maybe even leaning in toward Furuichi's face. Doth managed to get away with putting a hand on the silvernette's shoulder before Oga stepped in to haul his boyfriend away.

Even worse than that was that Miki was Furuichi's projects partner. Miki had been Furuichi's first male experience back in high school. When Furuichi came out to his parents last year, the silvernette said that he couldn't understand why his girlfriend wasn't exciting him. Furuichi spoke with Miki as a confidant, but Miki proposed that they kiss to see if it helped with anything. Oga knew all of this because he was there, so, when Furuichi tried to casually drop Miki's name as his projects partner, Oga couldn't say he was all too happy about it.

Oga didn't want to say he was jealous because that implied that the brute didn't trust the silvernette. He did trust Furuichi, he just couldn't vouch for the other two. Oga sighed deeply into the couch cushions.

This really sucked.

...

Thursday morning, Oga noticed that Furuichi hadn't looked too good. The apartment was in an unusual disarray, even with Oga's help. Furuichi hadn't been cooking, but he begged Oga to stay out of the kitchen if he wasn't there to supervise. It was when Oga saw Furuichi nearly stumble down the stairs to go to class that the brute decided to pick him up later that day.

Oga waited for Furuichi in the hallway outside Furuichi's classroom, but hadn't seen the silvernette pass through the sea of grumbling students. The brute waited another minute before peeking through the door and nearly popped several stress veins.

Both Miki and Professor Doth were in a heated discussion with Furuichi stuck sitting in a desk between them.

"He's not feeling well because he's stressed out by the amount of work you assign!"

"Then why aren't you being a good partner and taking on your half of the assignments?"

"What do you think I've been doing? You're just asking the impossible!"

"Hmph. Asking the impossible would be making my work individual assignments."

"So, you are admitting that it's too much work!"

"Um...could I go home now? You're both yelling too loud."

"No!" Both men cried out in unison then had the audacity to lay a heavy hand on each shoulder of the feverish silvernette to keep him planted in his chair.

"Oi," Oga swaggered into the room, keeping his fists in his pockets because Furuichi looked really stressed out and Oga didn't want to make him feel worse by causing a scene.

"I'll only ask this nicely once, take your grimy hands off my boyfriend."

"Oga!"

Furuichi pushed between the stunned men and threw himself into Oga's arms.

"What the hell? Why did you come to class when you're burning up like this, idiot?"

"Yeah, yeah," Furuichi lightly ground his hips against the brunet's. "Take me home."

"Man, you're a little floozy when you're feverish, aren't you? Give me your backpack. Let's get you home before you yell at me for the stupid shit you're going to regret doing in public."

"Hey, that's not fair," Furuichi pouted, "I'm sick. You're supposed to be a good boyfriend and take care of me!"

"What do you think I'm doing, Idiot Furuichi?"

The couple continued to bicker on their way out of the classroom forgetting about the two stunned to silence audience members they left behind.

...

"You didn't tell them about me?!"

"They didn't ask!"

Furuichi had recovered from his fever only to be peppered with questions about what had happened when Oga walked into the silvernette's classroom the few days before.

"Why does someone have to ask? Girls say their taken every time a guy sneezes!"

"No one needs to know about my personal life! That's why it's personal!"

Oga rounded on Furuichi and pushed the confused silvernette onto their bed.

"Hey!"

"Are you saying you're embarrassed about me? About us?"

"Wh- no! Of course not you moron! It's just..."

Furuichi looked to the side with a blush spreading like wildfire around his cheeks. "It's just...why do I have to tell anyone right now? I still want to keep you to myself and if everyone knows about us. Then that means I'll have to share you because they'll be thinking about you too."

Oga blinked in shock, then began to cackle with unadulterated glee.

"Don't laugh!"

"Why not? I can laugh at stupid things if I want to."

"Ugh! You ass! I'm leaving."

Oga simply pushed the silvernette back down on their mattress. "Oh no, I'm not done with you yet. I require payment for taking care of you this week."

"P-payment? What do you think 'I'll be in your care' means?"

"...And reparations for not letting those guys know you're mine!"

"Wait!Oga- ah! Ohhh, not t-there!"