Volume 1 Chapter 00: Thank You!

"Producer-san, I'm here!"

765 Productions' Producer looked around the bustling subway station to find where the voice of the person he was supposed to meet up with was coming from. The train had just arrived, meaning a sea of people were currently flooding out into the station.

A small, dainty hand and a pink sweater sleeve caught his eye. After the person between them walked to the left, the Producer found her. She was wearing a hat and glasses to disguise herself from being recognized, but the chestnut-colored side ponytail and golden eyes giving him a warm greeting were as unmistakable as her smile.

Kasuga Mirai, the 14-year-old energetic center of 765 Million Stars, had finally arrived.

"You're late," the Producer said to her.

"Dehehe," Mirai responded, putting her hand to the back of her head. "I was watching TV at home and the time just flew past me."

"At least you're finally here," her Producer sighed.

"I got a new hair clip! Isn't it cute?" She turned so that her ponytail was facing away from him. Keeping her bangs out of her face was a pink clip, with a star shape at the end of it. "It's a star, like with your new project!"

Her enthusiasm was as boundless as ever. He had mentioned the company's future plans before to her, but he didn't expect her to remember the details of it.

Still, he had asked her to accompany her today for a reason.

"Shall we go?" her Producer asked.

The two exited the station quickly, with the Producer leading the way for the smaller girl through the crowded area.

As they left the doors, the warm sun hit the Producer's face. He put his hand over his eyes to shield him from the sun while they adjusted.

"It's so pretty today!" Mirai said. "I should have just biked here."
"Then you would have shown up even later than now," her Producer laughed in response.

Spring was in full bloom today, with the skies being a crystal-clear blue and the cherry blossom trees baring their pink petals for the world to see. The sun's gentle beams made it warm enough to go outside without a jacket, although the spring breeze was keeping the day from getting too hot.

The perfect weather for an audition.

The Producer led the way through Tokyo's streets towards 765 Productions' new office, occasionally checking his phone to make sure when to turn. The main office and theater were nearly on the other side of the city, making the subway the best mode of transportation to get close to the new office.

"I can't believe 765 is going to be hiring more girls!" Mirai said while they walked. "It feels like yesterday that we started the 39 Project."

"The President felt like it was time to start something new. It's all thanks to you and the other Million Stars for taking the company to where we are now."

"More girls to meet and make friends with, watching them glittering and shining on the stage... I'm so excited to meet everyone!" Mirai said, beaming. "I'm so glad that Haruka-san asked me to come with you today."

That overwhelming eagerness was probably why when Amami Haruka had to cancel her plans and attend the practice for a drama today, she picked Mirai to go instead of her.

Today, the two of them would be helping in the audition process for 765 Productions' newest endeavor, Supernova!!!

The project consisted of a new branch separate from the 765 All-Stars and Million Stars. The NeoStars would help usher a new group of idols into the spotlight, while the rest of 765 would help them train and practice until they finally got on their feet. Auditions had taken place for a month now, with several girls having been hired in and starting their journey already.