Volume 1 Chapter 11: Drive Alive

"Now just walk forward, be natural," the photographer said.

"Will do," Reina responded. Three quick clicks came from the camera's shutter as she stepped towards the photographer, her heels clicking against the sidewalk with every step.

"Stop there, turn around please."

Reina silently obliged, slightly correcting her posture before making an about-face. The sky was tinted slightly yellow as the sun was starting to set, leaving a warm glow around her with every picture taken. As the photographer said to her when they started shooting, it was currently golden hour, a time where the setting sun made photos more appealing.

More specifically, the main reason they were shooting at this time was so the blue in her plaid dress would stand out even more against the golden sunlight.

This dress fit her slim figure well, exposing her arms and shoulders and having a skirt ending just above her knees. The white lace section along with a bow on the front of her chest also added some extra intrigue to the otherwise plain design.

This Saturday afternoon had Reina modeling summer dresses in a nearby park along with two other Supernova idols. She had already finished her first session, which was a group photoshoot including all three of the girls together.

The job was business as usual for her, with photoshoots being a chance for her to make use of what she learned from a long career of standing in front of a camera or performing on a stage. She was vaguely aware of others around the park watching her from afar as she modeled, but thankfully none of them had ended up interrupting them while shooting.

"That's perfect," the photographer said. "Next shot, just look at me."

Reina went to brush a strand of hair out of her face as she turned around to look at the camera lens. Her hair had been styled naturally for this shoot, falling across her back in gentle waves. It was different than what she was used to, but she knew how to adjust it to stay as photogenic as possible.

It was only a few days after the news that the Supernova girls would be placed into units, with Reina being in one of the first to debut. Since the announcement, practices started to be between units instead of between girls with similar skill levels. With everyone trying to get on par with each other in terms of skill, the past few days were less productive than what Reina expected.

It was a slow grind, but the other two were definitely improving. Tonight, she'd be meeting up with a music producer for her first solo song with the company. She was excited to see things moving along quickly, especially since knowing her song early would mean that she had more time to practice it to perfection.

A camera flash brought her back into focus. While she wanted to think about what would happen next, she needed to think about what was happening now.

A few more shots, and a few more poses, and her portion for this shoot was over. She was an hour closer to being able to find out what her

The photographer lowered his camera. "And that's it! Thank you for your work today."

"Thank you for the opportunity," Reina bowed. There was one more girl who needed to get her photos done. After that, she'd be on her way for her first recording session.

"No need, the pleasure is all mine," the photographer responded. "It's really lucky your Producer reached out to us about modeling. I didn't know how to contact you after you left your last company."

"It was an enjoyable five months, but ultimately I decided to pursue other career opportunities."

"Fukuyama Reina, always moving forward."