Volume 2 Chapter 01: We just started

"Kanagawa-san, watch out," Reina said from across the outdoor table. "If you spill that on your outfit, it'll look bad if one of us has food all over themselves."

Hana responded by taking another bite of her crepe. "I'll be careful!" She relished in the sweetness of the strawberries, melted chocolate, and whipped cream the freshly-made snack filled her mouth with.

She was surprised when the camera girl took a picture of her eating, and then again when she tried to cover her mouth with a free hand. For a moment, the pink-haired idol had forgotten that her unit was currently on a photoshoot and not on an afternoon outing that also included the office's assistant, Harumi.

"Well, this part of the shoot is supposed to be a casual lunch after all," Akari said. The redhead was almost done with an order of hot gyoza.

Reina had gone with the least-messy option out of all of them: an iced cup of coffee and a scone. "She could've picked something less messy."

"The boy at the stand was really cute, though," Hana tried to argue. She pouted when she thought back to how the crepe worker ended up focusing more on her other two unit members, instead. She hoped he may have recognized her from her appearance on Idol Talk Live two weeks ago, but her attempts ended up being in vain.

On the bright side, her performance ended up generating a lot of hype for the unit that led to their single's release hitting top 50 on a few popular music charts. The success resulted in Hana currently partaking in a photoshoot for an idol magazine.

She was brought out of her deep thought when the photographer took another shot of her mid-thought. "A rare pensive look from Miss Kanagawa, nice!"

Hana was surprised to hear that. "Can that really be used?"

"The more pictures, the better!" the camera girl responded. It was hard to see the girl's yellow eyes behind her glasses as she looked through the photo gallery in the camera, but Hana could tell she was pleased with what she had shot.

"Okay, let's move onto the next portion of the shoot," the camera girl said. "The next thing we'll need is shots while the three of you are walking down the street."

"Got it, Hana responded. She stood up to smooth out her skirt with her free hand, which was a white piece with a green plaid pattern that went down to her mid-calf. Her white, lacy blouse was left untouched by her food, while a black ribbon tied at her waist and platform wedges finished the outfit.

"I'll watch everyone's stuff," Harumi said as they left the table. "Try not to run into anything while you're walking," he said to the photographer.

They were currently at a magazine shoot to commemorate the release of their unit's single. They were all told to come in casual wear, so Akari was wearing a tank top with the British Union Jack on it and a pair of shorts. Her hair was tied up into a long ponytail to fit with her baseball cap. In the center walked Reina, who opted for a robin's egg blue summer dress with white polka dots on it.

"Alright, now just walk towards me," the photographer said. She walked backward effortlessly as the unit approached her and she took pictures, not paying attention to anyone who might approach them in the quiet shop plaza. "Reina-san, try not to walk too fast for everyone else."

Several quick clicks from the camera fired off in succession while Reina adjusted her pace. Hana did her best to finish her crepe before the walk finished, although she couldn't eat too fast without getting messy. At this point, she held onto it as part of the look.

The photographer slowed down after a few minutes of walking through the area. "This is a perfect background," she said, stopping them at the fountain at the center of the plaza. "Ladies, stand in front of this, please."